Resume's

PA44

Resume\'s

Due to the current "aviation-situation", Is it advisable to commence the distribution of a resume with 700 total hours of flt, and 170 multi, or should i just save my paper, stamps, and time until i tally in the X000's?

Re: Resume\'s

I'd say send them out If and only if you meet the required flight time minimums. However I can say with 99.999999999999999% certainty you won't even receive a thanks-but-no-thanks postcard.
When I interviewed at SkyWest the interviewers stated they had well over 6000 qualified resumes on file so we were very lucky to get called. BTW I had 2000+ TT with 350+ multi and was by far the lowest time pudknocker there. Maybe target some of the smaller companies but if I were you I'd probably save the stamps.

...Good Luck!!

Re: Resume\'s

Save your postage and stationery money.

FaxBlast resumes go straight to the garbage.

Mailed in Resumes with cover letters might get read, especially if they are funny or have a goofy picture attached (I remember receiving one from a Hindu Indian named Naim - we still laugh about that picture!)

My advice? Carry some resumes with you when you are out and about and networking. There is no better way to get a resume in to a potential employer than to have a respected employee carry it in for you. Doesn't even have to be a pilot.

We hired a pilot recently because one of our mechanics asked us to interview the guy.

But an uninvited resume can hurt you as well as help you.

On the other hand, (I shouldn't tell you guys this) I have been badgered in to interviewing and subsequently hiring a pilot before, who kept coming in the office even when we told him we weren't hiring.

He left shortly thereafter but he has a charter company on his resume now.

The point? You can make yourself a nuisance and you might get hired, but more likely you will get chewed out. It's a risk that only you can evaluate.

In summary, Careful Networking (not badgering) is the secret to successful employment in Aviation!

Back