Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.
my take on all this. . .

I only know one controller personally, he works at ZTL, and he likes his job Never said EVERYONE hates their job and I'm glad he likes working in the mold and asbestos j/k. :)eek:SHOCKER!!) Is he the only one? To say there are no "positives" about the job FAA does not equal controlling traffic there are positives about the job NOT the FAA, well you're either retarded or just a spoiled brat.

Okay look, WE GET IT, the union/pay stuff is frustrating and discouraging. No one denies that. It's especially difficult for those living in high-cost-of-living areas. But, someone on here said>> "Come back when you have some basis for your positivity about the FAA." To which I reply: what a snotty, ignorant thing to say.

I seriously don't understand why some people get so militant Not militant just realistic (and you stole my colour font) towards anyone that says nice things about the job. No one wants to work with people like you. Actually I'm a surprisingly nice/depentable person to work with. I don't exactly talk about the stuff I type on this forum outside of here. They want to work with people who have a positive attitude despite the frustrating circumstances. :panic:

As far as the guy and his daughter on the board-- what your parents do for a living does not make you an expert on the subject. No, but it gives pretty good insight into it. My dad did the same job my whole life, and still today I know very little about his job I'm betting you didn't go to work with him twice a month, go to school for what he did, and intern in the same profession and this in no way makes me an EXPERT and that is not what I'm selling my OPINION as. He also never came home and complained about it, even though today I know he's always hated it Doubt his job was equivalent to that of being a controller, it's not exactly your everyday job-- I simply never knew.

To all of you WHINNING about the negativity, no one is forcing you to read any of this. You ask for advice, but you don't want honesty you want to be told what you want to hear, you want to be coddled. If you can't stand someone else's view point on things go watch the news and listen to people like Ian Gregor and Laura Brown, they'll give you the image of the FAA that you're looking for.

I'm just happy to be here and make it this far. I'll bust my a$$ at the academy, bust my ass at my facility training, and I'll continue to bust a$$ after that wearing a wet suit and fins into the office or in MOPP4 if that's what they want. Less for me to worry about each morning.

Seems to me some people on here worry too much about others' failures, attitudes, and dress-codes.

Go here for some alternatives that maybe will suit your needs better:

www.careerbuilder.com

ohhhhh man, don't get me started about MOPP 4! it brings back even more memories :banghead::mad::panic:

For anyone that has not had to Deal with ChemWarFare, your life is infinately better. You should count you many blessings, fall to your knees, and thank god that you did not have to wear Chem gear

Sheesh! :) I thought pilots complained a lot. Take a deep breath folks! I don't have a defribulator here so if anyone stresses out and has a heart attack, I'm going to have to Skype 911.

And then those guys from Reno 911 will probably show up and that won't help anyone.

To all of you WHINNING about the negativity, no one is forcing you to read any of this. You ask for advice, but you don't want honesty you want to be told what you want to hear, you want to be coddled. If you can't stand someone else's view point on things go watch the news and listen to people like Ian Gregor and Laura Brown, they'll give you the image of the FAA that you're looking for.

There is a big difference between coddling people, and lacking gratitude and humbleness. We're all cognizant of the faults of this job, and its challenges, and I doubt any of us want a daily recount of how many people quit and washed out and are now on a respirator.

I'm as arrogant and cynical as the best of them, believe me, but I would still hold my tongue before telling a complete stranger to the profession to "go for it, my son needs a job in three years". That's pure ad hominem bitterness...and it's not even witty, to boot.

Some people need attitude enemas.

I wouldn't necessarily call it whining, ATL's daughter [sorry it was quicker typing it that way]...just annoyance. I'm pretty sure all the posts talking about how horrible the FAA is could also be construed as whining to some of us. Like you said, it's your opinion, so remember that next time you say we should all accept the "facts" of the job that you guys tell us about. Some of us are equally stating our opinion that WE GET IT, the FAA sucks, you don't have to harp on it all the time. As I remember, you had a back and forth about the FAA's dress code on one of these threads; while I don't necessarily find that to be a serious enough complaint to warrant a post, you have your feelings and I have mine, and we're all free to express them, right?

Giant voice: Alarm Red... MOPP4, Alarm Red MOPP4.

Me::drool:

Two hours later: :banghead:

Four hours later::crazy:

Giant voice: Alarm Green MOPP2, Alarm Green MOPP2

Me::rawk:

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!?!!???

I've read several times in here before "Your all in this together." With that said;

This is a forum, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Not everyone is happy with their jobs, some are happy about their jobs but upset about small things at work. Some just hate their life. And some love their jobs.

I appreciate everyones insight in here from Current controllers, to trainees, and applicants. Thank you all for your insight in the many changing faces and phases of the application process to employment in the FAA.

Keep the facts, debates, and other important information coming.

If your upset about negativity. Well life's not always grand. And btw you don't always have to post a reply to a post if you disagree. Or even read it.

Just my .02

Thanks again to everyone :D

There is a big difference between coddling people, and lacking gratitude and humbleness Your posts make absolutely no sense sometimes, what does gratitude and humbleness have to do with my opinion and being honest when answering the questions asked here? Am I supposed to be bow down and be grateful that you're posting on here? Or was I supposed to be humble like the rest of you "know-it-alls" who want positivity rather than honesty. We're all cognizant of the faults of this job, and its challenges, and I doubt any of us want a daily recount of how many people quit and washed out and are now on a respirator If you're handling this s*** badly I can't imagine you handling airplanes.

I'm as arrogant and cynical as the best of them, believe me, but I would still hold my tongue before telling a complete stranger to the profession to "go for it, my son needs a job in three years". That's pure ad hominem bitterness...and it's not even witty, to boot We all think he's pretty funny :laff:.

Some people need attitude enemas Like you, huh?.

LOL @ what this thread has degraded into...ah the Internet, without it so many wars of words would never be waged

It really is, but you know as well as I who gets priority selection for these jobs. The AT-SAT is just a mere footprint in the process.

Yup, because I have no merits of my own and my daddy does everything for me...He filled out my application, went to CTI school, interned at a tower, flew the plane my entire log book worth of flight time, but he decided I should wait two years to take the AT-SAT and the entire time mope around wondering why they werent selecting me. Oh, I forgot, he also took the AT-SAT for me and scored a 100. :panic:

ohhhhh man, don't get me started about MOPP 4! it brings back even more memories :banghead::mad::panic:

For anyone that has not had to Deal with ChemWarFare, your life is infinately better. You should count you many blessings, fall to your knees, and thank god that you did not have to wear Chem gear

I am thankful I don't have to wear it ANYMORE! NO more flak vests, no more worring about my g##dam##d hat or scraping the grey herk paint off my boots 26 times a day.

No more seniority delving into every crevice of my personal life and worrying if any stranger can call my work and unduely cause me excessively invasive scrutiny over every minute detail of my being.

I hear ya, man, and I'm glad YOU liked your job. At least you can look back with pride, despite all the BS.

I need to go to Eternal Sunshine.

I am thankful I don't have to wear it ANYMORE! NO more flak vests, no more worring about my g##dam##d hat or scraping the grey herk paint off my boots 26 times a day.

No more seniority delving into every crevice of my personal life and worrying if any stranger can call my work and unduely cause me excessively invasive scrutiny over every minute detail of my being.

I hear ya, man, and I'm glad YOU liked your job. At least you can look back with pride, despite all the BS.

I need to go to Eternal Sunshine.

:yeahthat: I reflect with great pride but HAD to move on.....

I'm not really sure why my posts "don't make sense". If anything, people normally remark that I'm articulate.

Anyhow, seems you've decided to resort to ad hominem attacks. Nevermind control airplanes, I'd like to see you be polite. PWEEEEZE?

I wouldn't necessarily call it whining, ATL's daughter [sorry it was quicker typing it that way]...just annoyance. I'm pretty sure all the posts talking about how horrible the FAA is could also be construed as whining to some of us. Like you said, it's your opinion, so remember that next time you say we should all accept the "facts" There are certain facts, what opinion develops from them you can harp on, but you can't argue the controllers leaving in DROVES and yes it is not some 99% retention rate (as it has been posted somewhere else on here) of the job that you guys tell us about. Some of us are equally stating our opinion that WE GET IT, the FAA sucks, you don't have to harp on it all the time. So we're only allowed to state our opinion a couple times then leave you all alone to your happy FAA filled existance? Sorry, just equally stating my opinion As I remember, you had a back and forth about the FAA's dress code on one of these threads; while I don't necessarily find that to be a serious enough complaint to warrant a post It was a thread labeled dress-code are there only certain opinions I'm allowed to share? If you would sent me a detailed outline of what I am and am not supposed to discuss I would appreciate it :), you have your feelings and I have mine, and we're all free to express them, right? I agree, I'll keep posting my opinion, you can read it or not and you can do the same.

Giant Voice: " ENDEX ENDEX ENDEX"

Me: :bandit::rawk::nana2::D

On another note.... Something that always made me laugh....
(For all those that don't know, we got to stop work and go inside if Lightening got closer than 5 NMs to the base)

WX: "Lightenening Watch, Lightnening within 25 NM of the Airfield"
ME: Roger

10 minutes later.....

WX: "lighening withing 15 NM ofthe field"
ME: Roger

10 More minutes.....

WX: "Lighteneing within 7 nm of the Airfield"
Me: Copy

30 seconds later...
ME: "Hey weather, how far is the lightening now?"
WX: " about 6 miles"
Me: "you sure, because I swear I just saw one strike the runway not more than 1000 feet from me"
WX: "Uhhhhhm, I am not seeing anything on my scope"
Me: "How about you step away from your computer and take a look out side!"
WX: "Why?"
Me: "NO reason :sarcasm: ":banghead:
Me: "Hey Chief, can we go inside for lightening?"
Chief: "What does WX report lightening at?"
Me: "6 miles, but I just saw one hit the runway"
Chief: "Well, lets just wait till WX Calls Lighening within 5 miles"
Me: "So happy to be here so happy to serve, SIR!" :sarcasm:

30 Minutes passand at least a dozen strikes on the field.....
WX: "Lightening out of the area, all clear"
ME::banghead::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back