Republic

Jimmy_Norton

Can anyone tell me what it is like working at Republic these days? Bonus points for what it is like at the BOS base. Debating applying there as a way to transition from 91 to 121. The cut in pay will be tough, but may work out in the long term for me.

PM's are fine if you don't want to talk about your employer in public.

I don't work at Republic but I can't recommend working there. First and foremost, they are a contract regional carrier with no ties to a legacy carrier. Think legacy airlines shifting their flying around to the lowest bidder which can seriously affect your quality of life. For example, Republic recently got the boot out of MIA in favor of Envoy, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines. Think of those poor saps that packed up and moved to MIA for all of a couple of years and then got their base closed. That's the primary reason I wouldn't recommend them. Aside from that, low pay, not much in terms of contract protection for pilots and pretty bad reserve rules (my opinion only) are the icing on the cake. Also, no defined career path. At a wholly owned with a true flow through, you are a legacy pilot the day you start class at the subsidiary. Just some things to consider.

At a wholly owned with a true flow through, you are a legacy pilot the day you start class at the subsidiary. Just some things to consider.

I see that @MikeFavinger already curb stomped your opinion in another thread, but this is about as funny as the (ironically due to this thread title) Republic guys who got bent out of shape when ATC would tell somebody to follow their regional jet to the runway, and correct them over the radio and say it was "transitional jet".

I see that @MikeFavinger already curb stomped your opinion in another thread, but this is about as funny as the (ironically due to this thread title) Republic guys who got bent out of shape when ATC would tell somebody to follow their regional jet to the runway, and correct them over the radio and say it was "transitional jet".

Gross.

Hey now…. If they want to identify as a regional, mainline, or transitional jet you need to respect that.

For example, Republic recently got the boot out of MIA in favor of Envoy, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines. Think of those poor saps that packed up and moved to MIA for all of a couple of years and then got their base closed.

Definitely something to think about, are there ever base closures at Envoy?

Definitely something to think about, are there ever base closures at Envoy?
DDB129A4-7195-4B9B-B8F0-41938BCC7E40.jpeg

For example, Republic recently got the boot out of MIA in favor of Envoy, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines. Think of those poor saps that packed up and moved to MIA for all of a couple of years and then got their base closed.

How long have you been at envoy/eagle? You don’t seem to have a great grasp on it’s history.

For example, Republic recently got the boot out of MIA in favor of Envoy, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines. Think of those poor saps that packed up and moved to MIA for all of a couple of years and then got their base closed. That's the primary reason I wouldn't recommend them. Aside from that, low pay, not much in terms of contract protection for pilots and pretty bad reserve rules (my opinion only) are the icing on the cake. Also, no defined career path. At a wholly owned with a true flow through, you are a legacy pilot the day you start class at the subsidiary. Just some things to consider.

Bold statement, considering since you started working at Eagle, they have closed BOS, LAX, SJU, MIA (although they did reopen it), and LGA/JFK (Twice).

Is LARP a commonly understood term? I had to goo goo. It was almost as obscure to me as Republic. :p:)

It's kinda like this. While not real, was a very close simulation. At some points it was actually difficult to remember that the video was a re-enactment and a fear response kicked along with associated adrenaline. It's something I won't soon forget.

It's kinda like this. While not real, was a very close simulation. At some points it was actually difficult to remember that the video was a re-enactment and a fear response kicked along with associated adrenaline. It's something I won't soon forget.

Renaissance Faire portrayed by the chess team on meth and steroids and Mountain Dew Extreme? (They really oughta be donning helmets!) ;)

I don't work at Republic but I can't recommend working there. First and foremost, they are a contract regional carrier with no ties to a legacy carrier. Think legacy airlines shifting their flying around to the lowest bidder which can seriously affect your quality of life. For example, Republic recently got the boot out of MIA in favor of Envoy, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines. Think of those poor saps that packed up and moved to MIA for all of a couple of years and then got their base closed. That's the primary reason I wouldn't recommend them. Aside from that, low pay, not much in terms of contract protection for pilots and pretty bad reserve rules (my opinion only) are the icing on the cake. Also, no defined career path. At a wholly owned with a true flow through, you are a legacy pilot the day you start class at the subsidiary. Just some things to consider.

Really?

I do work at Republic and you're pretty much off the mark here...by a long shot..... There's a reason I don't answer questions about Envoy, I DON"T WORK THERE and subsequently don't know much about them. I'll answer @Jimmy_Norton off line. If anyone else has any questions regarding working there, feel free to pm me.

Only in Nashville, Boston, LA, Miami, NY, or San Juan. It won't happen AAgain, we promise.

Yeah, convenient of you to mention this but this is the OLD American. When the new management team took over, they instituted the TRUE flow thru along with aligning Envoy bases with AA in perpetuity. This is OLD, very old news and doesn't apply anymore.

Back