Republic Pilots, The revolution begins...

Tony Soprano is in Waste Management Services.

Still in the same union. No reason they can't be out there walking a picket line with you, right? Gotta support your fellow brothers. Although what waste management, airline pilots, truckers and Disney characters have in common as far as a trade union goes is beyond me....

After reading this post, I hope it would change some CJC IBT supporters' mind about union representation. ;)

Airdale, after our phone conversation last night I looked into this a little bit further. The IBT actually has something in their Bylaws that refers to action against the union as "treason." No, I'm not kidding. This is how they think they are going to get rid of the anti-IBT members, but they have one problem: it's illegal. They basically have an illegal portion of their Bylaws that is there just to intimidate people. They'll try to call you in and scare you by saying that they're going to have you fired for "treasonous" acts against the IBT.

Of course, nothing in the RAH contract allows them to do that. After looking through the IBT contract at RAH, I've found that there is only one way the the IBT can request your termination: failure to pay dues. Some outrageous and made-up fines won't cut it, because those will be considered discriminatory if they aren't applied to the whole membership, so the company will never go along with terminating you for those.

Keep up the good work, and check your PMs for some more info.

After reading this post, I hope it would change some CJC IBT supporters' mind about union representation. ;)

We absolutely need representation......ALPA. I want to forward this thread link to all CJC pilots to show what a wonderful job the IBT does for airline pilots.

Also, the current two-week FAA inspection/ oversight of our day to day operation should be reason enough to change any one who doesn't want a union. The company WILL NOT be there to protect you if the FAA gets a bug up their butt and wants to make an example of you.

I do hope the pro-IBT Colgan-ites are watching this situation and vote accordingly. Seggy - point everyone to this story. On top of being wrong and possibly illegal as PCL has stated...it is stupid. How can you hope to grow your membership with this behaviour? So, if the RAH issue doesn't offend, at least examine the stupidity and ask "do I want to be represented by idiots?"

Not gonna happen anytime soon. In the middle of contract negotiations amidst other "stuff". I won't be surprised if it happens at some point down the road, but not anytime soon.

Dave~lay off the BUF incident...there's going to be a lawsuit out there and the pilots involved may not want all the exposure at this point. On our website is one thing...

Airdale, after our phone conversation last night I looked into this a little bit further. The IBT actually has something in their Bylaws that refers to action against the union as "treason." No, I'm not kidding. This is how they think they are going to get rid of the anti-IBT members, but they have one problem: it's illegal. They basically have an illegal portion of their Bylaws that is there just to intimidate people. They'll try to call you in and scare you by saying that they're going to have you fired for "treasonous" acts against the IBT.

Any first year law student would have a field day ripping apart the IBT and their bylaws. The IBT seems to think they are above your First Amendment Constitutional right of free speech.

Give 'em hell.

IBT has a terrible reputation anyway. I am glad that I am not in a position to have to associate with them.

Good luck shipmate.

I wonder if anyone who reads atlasforteamsters.com is following this story?

Doubt it.

The boys over at PPW couldn't give a damn about what is really occuring. They're just happy to be getting rid of ALPA. :whatever:

Good Luck. Give'em Hell. I know absolutly nothing about unions, never been in one. Pretty sure they're trying to bend you over though.

Amateur Company Decision

Its a long story, and I don't want to go into details for obvious reasons, but basically an FA threw up in a hotel room and the entire crew was fired on grounds of drinking within the company 12hr rule, yet the only evidence are written statements by a few ticked off hotel employees. The union let them hang, both CA and FO.

A friend of mine met that captain.

He has at least been able to get an interview someplace.

What a ridiculous act on the part of the company.

Out of curiousity, OP, as I don't have a dog in this fight, why are the folks over at another aviation forum writing that "you haven't provided anything factual in your original."

I don't doubt anything you've written, so are we just dealing with a bunch of non-union or IBT sourkrauts over there?

Not gonna happen anytime soon. In the middle of contract negotiations amidst other "stuff". I won't be surprised if it happens at some point down the road, but not anytime soon.

lay off the BUF incident...there's going to be a lawsuit out there and the pilots involved may not want all the exposure at this point. On our website is one thing...

First of all let me say, on behalf of the RAH pilots on board, THANK YOU for the support! Some have questioned our decision to make this information public, but it is having the exact effect we want it to - getting attention!

We are fully aware of our legal rights under the laws and we are fully aware that our actions are perfectly legal within our rights, despite what the IBT "byILLEGALlaws" state.

While we want our fellow pilots across the industry to know what we are undertaking, unfortunately we can not dive into any specific details regarding the threats or other issues taking place. We want the public to be aware of the cowardly actions of the IBT towards a group of pilots who spoke their opinion. This decertification drive has taken on a whole new face. It started simply as "scuttlebutt", or water fountain chatter, but in light of the threats made by the IBT, it is now a full on organization. The harder the IBT pushes our group against the wall, the harder we will push back.

Attempts to decertify the IBT in the past have quickly been brushed under the rug by scare tactic threats. Not this time. This is a different group, a different cause and we will not be backed into a corner. The support for this effort has been great. ALPA knew we were calling before we ever made the call. Thats the support we're looking for. The IBT is scared. They know we are moving and they are fearful of the results. A Union that has been silent during staff reductions and furloughs is suddenly sending e-mails and messages in a panic. As someone in ALPA said "You've certainly got the Union's attention". Well, its about time.

I say ROCK ON! This is EXACTLY the kind of information that needs to be public. The IBT needs to be banished from professional aviation. They don't belong and the more negative press they receive regarding their poor performance, the better we'll be as an industry.

Hopefully, all this information will help the CJC IBT supporters to reevaluate their position and move to the ALPA ranks.

Give 'em hell, guys! :rawk:

Back