Renewing CFI with pass/fail rate

scott_l

I need to renew my CFI certificate in two months. I have the required 83% and was wondering what FSDOs expect for records to renew. I have a list of students, test taken, and pass or fail for the initial ride but will that suffice to prove I can renew without a FIRC? I plan on going to the Dupage FSDO.

They just had me bring a list of names, test, pass/fail, and I was in and out in about 15 minutes. MEM FSDO.

They did the 8710 for me, took about an hour. I just showed my credentials and printer my IACRA to prove +80%. Don't forget to take your IGI or AGI (I'm assuming you're getting your gold Seal, right?). South Florida FSDO

Why would I need to bring my AGI? That certificate does not expire. I will be getting my Gold Seal.

I have found there isn't a universal standard across the FSDOs on a number of issues, including this one. Best thing is to call the FSDO, make the appointment and then ask that examiner. I have heard some pretty off the wall requests.

Agree, call the FSDO and talk with the actual inspector who will handle your renewal. When I did mine I brought a excel spreadsheet with my list, and also a printout from IACRA showing the students you recommended. Also fill out your 8710 on IACRA before you go.

Agree, call the FSDO and talk with the actual inspector who will handle your renewal. When I did mine I brought a excel spreadsheet with my list, and also a printout from IACRA showing the students you recommended. Also fill out your 8710 on IACRA before you go.

Seems like my school's POI is coming this week so I will be doing it with him. When I went to get my AGI certificate I had IACRA all filled out but the inspector said he didn't use IACRA so I had to fill out an 8710 by hand.

Got it renewed with the POI for my school today. All he did was look up my AGI on IACRA and then handed me the temp.

Back