Renewing CFI with pass/fail rate

scott_l

I need to renew my CFI certificate in two months. I have the required 83% and was wondering what FSDOs expect for records to renew. I have a list of students, test taken, and pass or fail for the initial ride but will that suffice to prove I can renew without a FIRC? I plan on going to the Dupage FSDO.

msmspilot

They just had me bring a list of names, test, pass/fail, and I was in and out in about 15 minutes. MEM FSDO.

djnk954

They did the 8710 for me, took about an hour. I just showed my credentials and printer my IACRA to prove +80%. Don't forget to take your IGI or AGI (I'm assuming you're getting your gold Seal, right?). South Florida FSDO

scott_l

Why would I need to bring my AGI? That certificate does not expire. I will be getting my Gold Seal.

CoffeeIcePapers

Well-Hung Member
I have found there isn't a universal standard across the FSDOs on a number of issues, including this one. Best thing is to call the FSDO, make the appointment and then ask that examiner. I have heard some pretty off the wall requests.

Vyse

BirchJet CA
Agree, call the FSDO and talk with the actual inspector who will handle your renewal. When I did mine I brought a excel spreadsheet with my list, and also a printout from IACRA showing the students you recommended. Also fill out your 8710 on IACRA before you go.

scott_l

Agree, call the FSDO and talk with the actual inspector who will handle your renewal. When I did mine I brought a excel spreadsheet with my list, and also a printout from IACRA showing the students you recommended. Also fill out your 8710 on IACRA before you go.

Seems like my school's POI is coming this week so I will be doing it with him. When I went to get my AGI certificate I had IACRA all filled out but the inspector said he didn't use IACRA so I had to fill out an 8710 by hand.

scott_l

Got it renewed with the POI for my school today. All he did was look up my AGI on IACRA and then handed me the temp.