Red Bull Air Race pilot Alejandro Maclean killed

Okie_Pilot

Pitts Builder
Spanish aerobatics pilot Alejandro Maclean was killed when his plane slammed into the ground as was performing stunt, said a spokesman for the airfield in Spain where the accident occurred.
Alejandro “Alex” Maclean 41, two-time Spanish aerobatics champion and for several years had been a competitor in the Red Bull Air Race World Championship Series, considered the “Formula One” of aerobatics.
His plane slammed into the ground as he was performing a stunt during a training exercise at the airfield at Casarrubios del Monte, in the central province of Toledo near Madrid, killing him instantly, the spokesman for the airfield said.
Spanish aviation authorities are to investigate the crash.

http://www.aviationnews.eu/2010/08/...jandro-maclean-killed-during-training-flight/

R.I.P.

that is very sad....i've watched him race this season...he was really good!

Hearts go out to the Red Bull crew and families!

Sucks. This is another one of those sports where the margin of error os so slight that there is simply no room for error. I lost a friend the same way, practicing for a competition. To much of this happening lately.

To the rest of us, be carefull. We have chosen a profession where mistakes can be deadly.

RIP, condoloences and prayers for his family. To echo mshunter, everyone be careful out there.

Ugh. Lost yet another fellow aviator.

RIP... and condolences to those left behind.

I don't know who else to bitch to about this, so forgive me.. but this is getting seriously old.

That is too bad. I have met him a few times at my old flight school and he was a real cool guy. He like to play practical jokes on the owner of my school quite a bit.

Back