Recurrent Question

MusketeerMan

So, this may be a dumb question, but for an FO, is your yearly recurrent training based on your hire date or the date at which you passed your checkride/started flying the plane?

So, this may be a dumb question, but for an FO, is your yearly recurrent training based on your hire date or the date at which you passed your checkride/started flying the plane?

It's based on completion of each module.

For example, you complete Indoc on Aug 29th, your "base month" is August. You have a "grace period" of a month before, or a month after, which if you train in July or September, the due month can remain august.

If you complete systems on Sept 15, then SEP is your base month.

Your base month may be changed due to company needs, however. In the above circumstance, they might bring you into training in AUG and "rebase" you to AUG.

Same deal with the PC, if it's done in AUG then you have the month prior and after to maintain the base month.

Further guidance can be found in FAA order 8900

I started ground school last October and finished it in November. My PC wasn't until December and I wasn't "fully qualified" until February.

Now, I'm already scheduled for recurrent next month. I don't know yet when the PC will be, but hopefully soon after October so I can get off probation!

Back