Recruitment Bonus

navyac

Was curious for any VRA's or others that were eligible for the 20K bonus, when did u receive it? How long did it take and what was the total amount post-tax. Thanks

depends on the branch but I have definitely heard that you get half of it once you complete your a-school/reinlist and the other half after your contract ends.

this is speculative as well but I have also heard that they pay you in installments. Your best bet to getting more info would be to ask Mr. Recruiter man.

oh.. wait.. if you're talking about the VRA bonus 20k.. for joining the FAA civvy side.. i haven't the slightest clue.

depends on the branch but I have definitely heard that you get half of it once you complete your a-school/reinlist and the other half after your contract ends.

this is speculative as well but I have also heard that they pay you in installments. Your best bet to getting more info would be to ask Mr. Recruiter man.

oh no man, i was talking about the FAA recruitemnt bonus for CTO holders or people with 52 consecutive weeks of ATC experience or something like that. I had to fill out paperwork for it and I picked the lump sum, i was just curious how long it took eligible people to get it and what the total was post-tax. Thanks though

There were two eligible that were in my class. One got it a few weeks after we arrived at our facility, the other is still waiting on it from what I heard.

Ok, here's something I've been curious about for some time. The school I went to to get my CTI degree (Beaver County) has a student-ran control tower. I've worked 52 weeks consecutive in the tower. I have a CTO license. Am I, therefore, eligible for said sign on bonus, regardless of the fact that I was doing it to complete schooling?

Ok, here's something I've been curious about for some time. The school I went to to get my CTI degree (Beaver County) has a student-ran control tower. I've worked 52 weeks consecutive in the tower. I have a CTO license. Am I, therefore, eligible for said sign on bonus, regardless of the fact that I was doing it to complete schooling?
You could always apply and find out.

Was curious for any VRA's or others that were eligible for the 20K bonus, when did u receive it? How long did it take and what was the total amount post-tax. Thanks

My $0.02, I see these going away with the new administration.
I think you will see pay equal out from day one and no bonuses.

My $0.02, I see these going away with the new administration.
I think you will see pay equal out from day one and no bonuses.

well then hopefully I get my bonus before Jan 20th!! I graduate on friday so hopefully it will be in my first post academy pay check.

I however, dont see that happening. Any changes to policy would be a long drawn out affair like everything else. I just see the union having a hard time justyfying a 30% pay increase plus back pay and the 3 govt pay raises we missed out on during a recession. Im thinking a year or so

You will get it pretty early on... after taxes you can expect something in the ballpark of 12-13k, all depends on what state you file taxes in.

As for receiving the bonus for a CTO from school. I doubt it, but it never hurts to try.

Back