Recommendations for aviation renter's insurance

Beaker

I am doing the leg work to return to GA flying after many years and am looking at insurance options (non-owned). The options that I have found so far are limited to $1 million in liability per incident, and even less for passengers. When I was a penniless college student learning to fly that seemed more than enough. Now as a middle-aged man, not so much. Anybody aware of insurance products with higher liability coverage? Thanks in advance!

I am doing the leg work to return to GA flying after many years and am looking at insurance options (non-owned). The options that I have found so far are limited to $1 million in liability per incident, and even less for passengers. When I was a penniless college student learning to fly that seemed more than enough. Now as a middle-aged man, not so much. Anybody aware of insurance products with higher liability coverage? Thanks in advance!
Call AOPA.

I’ve use Avemco. I *thankfully* have not had to file a claim but I read good things about them from people who have.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Here is what I found out in case it saves anyone else some time. I talked to representatives of the following providers:

Global Aerospace
Starr Aviation
Assured Partners (current AOPA affiliate)
AVEMCO

They all offer a very similar product with the disappointingly low limits of $1 million per occurrence, and more to the point, a $100-200k sublimit per passenger. Having some familiarity with personal injury lawsuits through a friend's line of work, those limits really strike me as absurd when it comes to a serious accident. My only logical conclusion is that if you have money to protect, you must not be spending enough money on flying.

Epilogue: Better options are available if you get into airplane ownership. Global has a $2 million flat policy (no passenger sublimit) for 4-place piston single.

Back