RDU

BigZ

Is everyone's schedules screwed up there? We get 4.5 hr sits, just under where a hotel is due, but saw a number of other crews camping here and there around the airport (Popeyes seems to be the spot). Even a SJI crew (I got a KGB gut feeling the younger FO putting the steps in is on JC. Slim Shady anyone?) was doing the same thing us regional pukes were doing. Literally 4-5 crews just hanging out there for hours.

Is everyone's schedules screwed up there? We get 4.5 hr sits, just under where a hotel is due, but saw a number of other crews camping here and there around the airport (Popeyes seems to be the spot). Even a SJI crew (I got a KGB gut feeling the younger FO putting the steps in is on JC. Slim Shady anyone?) was doing the same thing us regional pukes were doing. Literally 4-5 crews just hanging out there for hours.
Old-job had a ton of RDU-Florida flying that I wound up doing. Was kinda neat actually; you’d leave MSP, get to RDU via “somewhere” and then do a Florida turn, have an RDU overnight, wake up and do another Florida turn, layover, Florida turn etc. That stuff all seemed highly seasonal, though, and I could see how building a productive schedule that touches the place would be hard, without spending some time spinning your wheels at Popeyes.

Old-job had a ton of RDU-Florida flying that I wound up doing. Was kinda neat actually; you’d leave MSP, get to RDU via “somewhere” and then do a Florida turn, have an RDU overnight, wake up and do another Florida turn, layover, Florida turn etc. That stuff all seemed highly seasonal, though, and I could see how building a productive schedule that touches the place would be hard, without spending some time spinning your wheels at Popeyes.
Current schedule adjustments definitely impact the productivity of some of the trips. I did a few of day trips between ORD and AUS/IAH where you sit 3 hrs in the middle, RDU just stood out due to numerous crews from other airlines doing the same.

Back