Ravn Alaska Hiring

BigGuy4U

I see that Ravn Alaska is hiring both for Dispatchers and Lead Dispatchers. Does anyone have any knowledge on the company or worked there? I know they are Part 121 and seem to be starting at very reasonable pay for the area (Anchorage) and a regional ($31/hr). Just curious if people have worked there before or know anybody who has?

Don't know but they did interviews.
I had an interview with them this past Thursday and spoke to them again on Monday. They are mostly regional flying Dash 8s intrastate, but they are also getting an agreement with Northern Pacific Airways (a new planned ULCC owned by the same company that owns Ravn) to fly their B757s from Asia to ANC and down to the Lower 48. For anyone curious, they also have CASS Jumpseating availability and discounted ID90 tickets for spouse, family and parents. Pretty great for a regional, honestly and the pay is good too; no union though. They said they have about 2-3 openings available and are still doing interviews this week, but more than likely they will send offers and TBNTes sometime next week after Christmas.

I had an interview with them this past Thursday and spoke to them again on Monday. They are mostly regional flying Dash 8s intrastate, but they are also getting an agreement with Northern Pacific Airways (a new planned ULCC owned by the same company that owns Ravn) to fly their B757s from Asia to ANC and down to the Lower 48. For anyone curious, they also have CASS Jumpseating availability and discounted ID90 tickets for spouse, family and parents. Pretty great for a regional, honestly and the pay is good too; no union though. They said they have about 2-3 openings available and are still doing interviews this week, but more than likely they will send offers and TBNTes sometime next week after Christmas.
Thanks for the response. Looks like you’re a strong contender. How much experience do you have dispatching? It looks like the posting is still up and I’m considering giving it a go.

I heard Raven is now requiring all existing and potential employees to be vaccinated. From a reliable source.

I heard Raven is now requiring all existing and potential employees to be vaccinated. From a reliable source.
Vaccination requirement is indeed highlighted when you apply on their website. However, when I spoke to them for the initial HR phone interview, they said that while they do require it, they also accept religious and medical exemptions and give reasonable accommodations for them. However to my however, this was 3 weeks ago so it is possible that something changed, although considering the federal judges blocking the mandates I doubt it.

Thanks for the response. Looks like you’re a strong contender. How much experience do you have dispatching? It looks like the posting is still up and I’m considering giving it a go.
5 years, half of which are heavy international jets. When I spoke to them on Monday, they told me they would be giving out offers and TBNTes after Christmas, so you might have missed the boat. Still, doesn't hurt to throw an app in, if not for this time than for next time.

Last edited:
When I spoke to them on Monday, they told me they would be giving out offers and TBNTes after Christmas, so you might have missed the boat. Still, doesn't hurt to throw an app in, if not for this time than for next time.

Did you end up getting an offer from them?

While I was in the military, got to watch many a flight check on our radar systems, both ASR and PAR. Also had a ride in one (C140 Jetstar) during the approval of the GCA facility that we installed at RAF Greenham Common. This was for the removal of the GLCM's (Ground Launch Cruise Missiles) out of Europe. Late 80's.

Oddly, we were using an upgraded GCA unit that was the same type as used during the Berlin Airlift.

Photo of the first Russian Aircraft at RAF GC. It brought in their INF treaty inspectors

1643375048583.png

Another first for me was I had to file a MIJI report - for you non military type, basically it was when you had intentional jamming of your equipment. Boy did that open up a hornets nest to say the least

Yes I know - I changed the subject.

Was that position giving competitive pay? Cass?
Competitive pay yes. I actually make more than I did at my previous airline and have 10 paid holidays off.

The downsides are no CASS, 5 day weeks (I'm too used to 4 at this point lol) and it isn't technically dispatching in the 121 sense.

Back