Rather new to all this... Help please?

AnImbroglio

Hey everyone... My name is Kyle... I graduated from Beaver County this year, majoring in ATC... I have a current CTO license.. I'm a private pilot... I have a 3.7 gpa... I scored a 100 on my AT-SAT... I was placed on the FAA's direct hire list via my school... I applied to the PUBNAT announcement that closes the 31st... I haven't heard anything back from them at all, and I'm a bit nervous about it. Shouldn't I have been contacted about a PEPC or something yet? Is there something else I could/should be doing right now that I'm unaware of? Any advice/suggestions would be quite nice, as I'm nearly going out of my mind in suspense here. Thanks in advance...

First step would be to check the thread for your particular announcement -- in this case the thread for your particular announcement.

With that said, you're a fair amount of months away from a PEPC.. the February applicants are just completing theirs, I believe. You're at the very beginning of a process that usually takes more than 9 months. The PEPC is near the end of that process.

Check the main application threads, you'll get the most meaningful info from those. Send me a PM if you have any particular questions that I can help with.

If you are a CTI student, you will have to apply for a CTI announcement. Well you don't have to, but if you do, your process will move along a lot quicker. I will graduate CTI in less than a month and that is what I will be doing. Don't even mess with the PUBNAT announcements anymore.

Hey everyone... My name is Kyle... I graduated from Beaver County this year, majoring in ATC... I have a current CTO license.. I'm a private pilot... I have a 3.7 gpa... I scored a 100 on my AT-SAT... I was placed on the FAA's direct hire list via my school... I applied to the PUBNAT announcement that closes the 31st... I haven't heard anything back from them at all, and I'm a bit nervous about it. Shouldn't I have been contacted about a PEPC or something yet? Is there something else I could/should be doing right now that I'm unaware of? Any advice/suggestions would be quite nice, as I'm nearly going out of my mind in suspense here. Thanks in advance...

You should also know that if you are hired from that announcement, it's an off the street (OTS) announcement. You would be treated as an OTS applicant and not a CTI applicant. This means you'd be going to OKC for the 5 week basics course that CTI applicants don't have to take. There are also just a few minor things about the application process that are different, but I think that's the biggest thing.

If you are a CTI student, you will have to apply for a CTI announcement. Well you don't have to, but if you do, your process will move along a lot quicker. I will graduate CTI in less than a month and that is what I will be doing. Don't even mess with the PUBNAT announcements anymore.

I don't know about that. I am partially through the CTI, but applied to the PUBNAT, along with a few others, around the same time some other CTI students were graduating. The few that applied through OTS all have TOLs while the graduates who applied through CTI are still waiting around to pick preferences. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I don't see how CTI is faster based on what I've seen. Yeah you'll have to redo the 5 weeks basics course but I rather do that and get started then wait around and spend money on classes that aren't needed.

I don't know about that. I am partially through the CTI, but applied to the PUBNAT, along with a few others, around the same time some other CTI students were graduating. The few that applied through OTS all have TOLs while the graduates who applied through CTI are still waiting around to pick preferences. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I don't see how CTI is faster based on what I've seen. Yeah you'll have to redo the 5 weeks basics course but I rather do that and get started then wait around and spend money on classes that aren't needed.

There was someone on here who applied to a CTI announcement that closed 5/2 (I think that was the date) and he/she went to a PEPC with the FEBOTS.

There was someone on here who applied to a CTI announcement that closed 5/2 (I think that was the date) and he/she went to a PEPC with the FEBOTS.

That's all that I have been hearing. All the CTI's that I have talked to have gone through the process much faster than any OTS applicant. I'm sure though, as always, there are some that aren't in the majority.

Remember... this mass hiring process going on right now is completely new to HR and the rest of the FAA. There really is no timeline standard because it's never been done before like this. Things will go how they go. People here can speculate as to how they think the process will work in the future but that's all it is; speculation. And you'll get 800 different opinions of what people think is gonna happen next.

Ok... so I apparently missed that CTI announcement... I've applied via PUBNAT... Is there any indication at all when the next CTI announcement will be?

Ok... so I apparently missed that CTI announcement... I've applied via PUBNAT... Is there any indication at all when the next CTI announcement will be?
From what I hear, they do 2 cycles a year to basically coincide with the typical graduations of the CTI schools.

Back