Rank the Regionals

I would rank them equally. I’ve came across dispatchers from just about every regional and from a training aspect they are all typically at the same level. It all comes down to the individual & not what regional they came from. Like others have said I highly recommend going the 121 supplemental route as it helps with creative thinking/flexibility as you don’t get your hand held by things like C070 when picking an alternate etc. Supplementals also tend to pay a bit better so you’re not living with 3 roommates just to get by every month.

Last edited:
Couldn't find another place to ask this question so I'll put it here.

Saw this Air Wisconsin ad pop up. It's titled "International First Officer". So the question:

What does "International" mean ? An F/O who does international flying...or an F/O applicant who is from someplace outside the USA ?

Who writes this stuff ?

I think you just randomly click on a thread to post your question.

Also, if you spent 5 seconds to read the job posting, you'd probably find your answer under job requirements.
  • Valid Civilian Passport and the authorization to travel to and from all cities and countries served by Air Wisconsin
Who writes these job postings? Probably the same people that want to get more qualified applicants by promoting the fact they fly internationally.

I think you just randomly click on a thread to post your question.

Also, if you spent 5 seconds to read the job posting, you'd probably find your answer under job requirements.
  • Valid Civilian Passport and the authorization to travel to and from all cities and countries served by Air Wisconsin

Well, I spent enough time with the search function to find that this thread was the only place Air Wisconsin employment issues were mentioned so I asked my question here.

Before posting here, I also checked Air Wisconsin's careers website to see if the info there differed with that from latestpilotjobs (it didn't). I doubt that a regional advertising it does "international" flying is much of a draw so the wording struck me as odd.

I wondered if Air Wisconsin was openly advertising for foreigh national pilot applicants as some carriers have done recently.

But thanks for your snarky answer to my rather civilized question. You've made a significant contribution to the alleged civility of Derg's Living Room.

Last edited:

Saw this Air Wisconsin ad pop up. It's titled "International First Officer". So the question:

What does "International" mean ? An F/O who does international flying...or an F/O applicant who is from someplace outside the USA ?

Who writes this stuff ?

The posting states having authorization to work in the US is a requirement, so they’re not recruiting people they’ll have to sponsor for visas.

Back