RAH Warn letters coming...

If they want to park 100 RJ's the easiest way to do it is just liquidate Comair, no messy contracts to break and a little revenge for the strike. They have already turned the company into a shell of what it once was, I'm surprised we are still operating now.

Well, it was a fun job while it lasted....

I'm gonna blow up an oil tanker now....

I meant blow up an oil tanker on this Xbox Call of duty game....thats my next mission objective.

This sucks man, I know I'm on the chopping block. We haven't hired anyone below me since this oil crisis BS game started. I'm 110 #'s from the bottom. Everything is just bull**** right now...

I'm aware.

Still far too many people to be out of work considering the regional, national, and global economies.

200 pilots are to be furloughed, according to the company site. For some reason, that was posted today, on the weekend. Also, CVG and CRP will be closing as bases.

200 pilots are to be furloughed, according to the company site. For some reason, that was posted today, on the weekend. Also, CVG and CRP will be closing as bases.
Thats because basically no info was given in his letter other than "Hey we are going to furlough and downsize." I guess the company realized it may be good to put out an FAQ instead of being deluged by calls asking WTF?

That sucks. Good luck all. How many pilots are at RAH? Is is going by seniority per equipment tpye?

So that's that? 200 is the number?

I find it hard to believe that in two days the CEO has 1. Said that the company will be reducing employees and 2. Has given a number of furloughs.

Why do I say this? I know we've been talking furloughs for at least a month or two at my company, as well as the major we feed has been talking about it. Additionally our union has been working with management to try to minimize furloughs with more 4 month COLAs, as well as reduced flying lines and early retirement packages. It sounds like our guys are working hard to get as good a deal (as possible) for the group.

You guys on the other hand have been blindsided....I hope your union says, "not so fast...let's talk."

Got ALPA?

CHQ was told to poundsand by ALPA as they weren't a "real airline" when they organized. The 60 pilots weren't a significant group to organize for ALPA.

However, there is serious decert. dissention towards the IBT too.....

Then again, you're only as strong as the pilot group.

CHQ was told to poundsand by ALPA as they weren't a "real airline" when they organized. The 60 pilots weren't a significant group to organize for ALPA.

However, there is serious decert. dissention towards the IBT too.....

Then again, you're only as strong as the pilot group.

Got huge salaries? .....meaning CHQ wouldn't bring enough cash to the head ALPA honchos..

Got huge salaries? .....meaning CHQ wouldn't bring enough cash to the head ALPA honchos..

ALPA doesn't care about the regionals "bringing cash." In fact, virtually every single one of the ALPA regionals costs ALPA more in expenses than they bring in in revenue. The legacy carriers and FDX have to subsidize them.

Back