RAH CEO Sells 1 million worth of shares.

meyers9163

Republic Airways president, CEO sells shares
Tuesday June 17, 1:59 pm ET

Republic Airways Chairman, President, CEO Bryan Keith Bedford sells 100,000 shares

NEW YORK (AP) -- The chairman, president and chief executive of air carrier Republic Airways Holdings Inc. sold 100,000 shares of common stock, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Monday.
In a Form 4 filed with the SEC, Bryan Keith Bedford reported he sold the shares last Thursday and Friday for $9.74 to $10.41 apiece.
Insiders file Form 4s with the SEC to report transactions in their companies' shares. Open market purchases and sales must be reported within two business days of the transaction.
Republic Airways is based in Indianapolis

In the noon news here in indy? Anyone? I know its a tough time right now in general so thats why we are all looking at this I'm sure. Any other day this probably wouldnt even make the 12 O'clock news.

OH NOS!!! HE SOLD STOCK! HE'S PROBABLY GOING TO EAT A BABY NEXT!

My understanding with this stuff is that he put the ORDER to sell the stock in a few days ago, but SEC rules won't let him sell it for 90 days eh?

Republic Airways president, CEO sells shares
Tuesday June 17, 1:59 pm ET

Republic Airways Chairman, President, CEO Bryan Keith Bedford sells 100,000 shares

NEW YORK (AP) -- The chairman, president and chief executive of air carrier Republic Airways Holdings Inc. sold 100,000 shares of common stock, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Monday.
In a Form 4 filed with the SEC, Bryan Keith Bedford reported he sold the shares last Thursday and Friday for $9.74 to $10.41 apiece.
Insiders file Form 4s with the SEC to report transactions in their companies' shares. Open market purchases and sales must be reported within two business days of the transaction.
Republic Airways is based in Indianapolis

In the noon news here in indy? Anyone? I know its a tough time right now in general so thats why we are all looking at this I'm sure. Any other day this probably wouldnt even make the 12 O'clock news.

I heard this a few days ago and at first it kinda pissed me off but whatever it doesn't take an "insider" to know that it is probably a good time to sell. If I had a big chunk of airline stock you bet I would be selling it right now too. Another thing I heard is that he may be using his options before they expire. But either way its just a sign of the times...

And Skywest is really trying to sell their "Employee Stock Purchasing Program" like it's going out of style.

Just read on our company boards that they do this all the time whether the stock is high or low. If they only sell when it is High it can be construed as "insider trading." They get this stuff on the cheap so whether its 10 bucks or 20 bucks a share combined with the fact that they probably only spent a buck on each of em its loads of cash for next to nothing...

OH NOS!!! HE SOLD STOCK! HE'S PROBABLY GOING TO EAT A BABY NEXT!

An entire baby? Like in a sauce? Or would it be in aspic like a terrine, sliced on the bias and served on chilled stoneware? ;)

Options usually have to exercised by certain dates. If not, they're gonzo. I'm sure he's like, "I'd really like 2 mil, but 1 mil......ehhh Ok, beats ZERO".

If you look back through RAH's history, such transactions are required to be reported to the SEC due to insider trading rules, and you'll see that not only BB sold stock, but about all of the top tier guys.

What'll really make you puke in your throat is the amount of money WexDaddy made off the sales of blocks of stock.

Buying / selling stock is one of the biggest house of cards known to man. Their plan is brilliant - issue stock, pay off debt, then declare bankruptcy and cancel shares. Rinse and repeat. Hey, then you can call them a legacy carrier.

(note: I don't know if this is their plan, the above is pure sarcasm - except the part about calling them a legacy carrier)

Yeah I didnt want to put too much thought into this. I figured he has the options and if nothing else is 1 million that much for someone in BB position? I mean he has the stock and selling it didnt seem like a huge deal. Obviously the SEC would look into anything before the approval would be given thus that rules our insider information. Just curious if it was just to get more public stock out there to trade or what. Makes ya wonder when the AP does pick it up though. The reporters locally didnt put much into it so figured it just something CEO's do all the time?

Weird that RJET stock is up $.74 today. Skywest is also up quite a bit ($1.47), must have been the Delta announcement that they may see a profit next quarter.
I dunno....

Weird that RJET stock is up $.74 today. Skywest is also up quite a bit ($1.47), must have been the Delta announcement that they may see a profit next quarter.
I dunno....

Yeah I saw something about Jerry Atikins (CEO of SKW) trying to get some foreign investors in stock options.... I dont know if that has to do with the 1.47 increase or not though. Again I have no link. It was on the news.

I was worried about this at first too, but then I guess its kind of normal in this business. I'm just trying to enjoy my job for a change. So far I'm really enjoying working for this company.

BB has to pay for his next kid thats on the way. One more and he'll have an entire baseball team.

Back