R44 Time Building

av8tr1

"Never tell me the odds!"
Hey gang, the company I fly helicopters for is offering a special for the next few months. Thought I would share it here if anyone is interested. It's a really good rate that's hard to beat. We can do any instruction you need on top of the time building. Need to finish a rating or start one. We can help. We offer accelerated courses for all ratings.

Normally a R44 runs around 450-550 an hour not including the CFI. You're getting the whole shooting match for $290 plus fuel @ 4.00 with roughly 13 GPH. Hard to beat that.

National Helicopter solutions is offering for a limited time R44 time building and R44 SFAR sign offs.

$290 dry block rate (requires 10 hours)
$350 Non block rate (pay per hour)
*Note: Both rates do not include fuel

Fly with an instructor, get your R44 SFAR sign offs.
Guaranteed R44 PIC course 10 hours $3000 with free POH.

Also offering Helicopter Hog Hunts.
Based out of Houston Texas

Contact National Helicopter Solutions
Phone: 201-740-8432
Email: thaddeus@helihoghunt.com
http://www.nationalhelicoptersolutions.com/
http://www.helihoghunt.com/

That's an amazing deal! It's hard to find any R44's around me for under $500 an hour. If only you guys were closer to me. I still need to get 15 more hours for the SFAR sign off.

Not sure where you are hearing 15 hours? You only need 10 for the SFAR sign off. Unless you are looking to teach in the aircraft?

(2) No person may act as pilot in command of a Robinson R-44 unless that person --

(i) Has had at least 200 flight hours in helicopters, at least 50 flight hours of which were in the Robinson R-44. The pilot in command may credit up to 25 flight hours in the Robinson R-22 toward the 50 hour requirement in the Robinson R-44; or

(ii) Has had at least 10 hours dual instruction in a Robinson helicopter, at least 5 hours of which must have been accomplished in the Robinson R-44 helicopter and has received an endorsement from a certified flight instructor authorized under paragraph (b)(5) of this section that the individual has been given the training required by this paragraph and is proficient to act as pilot in command of an R-44. Beginning 12 calendar months after the date of the endorsement, the individual may not act as pilot in command unless the individual has completed a flight review in a Robinson R-44 within the preceding 12 calendar months and obtained an endorsement for that flight review. The dual instruction must include at least the following abnormal and emergency procedures flight training --

(A) Enhanced training in autorotation procedures;
(B) Engine rotor RPM control without the use of the governor;
(C) Low rotor RPM recognition and recovery; and
(D) Effects of low G maneuvers and proper recovery procedures.

I'm sure we can work something out if you want to go for it. I'll be your instructor. We could do it in 5 hours a day for 3 days. Ground in advance over Skype or phone. Then finish what ever we need to in person. I can pick you up and take you back to the airport and hotel every day you're there. So no rental car needed. So you just need to figure out air travel, hotel and meals. Priceline is your friend. I do it regularly and in most cases my flights are less than $300 and hotels are around $60 a night.

Heli hog hunting would be so stinking cool!

Yes it is. Videos here. Enjoy!
http://www.helihoghunt.com/Videos___Pictures.html

I might be able to get a Jet Careers event put together. But I gotta be honest, its expensive. $3000 for 2 hours and 2 gunners. This isn't going to be something for your typical 135 FO to afford. But you get to take home the meat if you want. We donate the rest to a number of charities.

Yes it is. Videos here. Enjoy!
http://www.helihoghunt.com/Videos___Pictures.html

I might be able to get a Jet Careers event put together. But I gotta be honest, its expensive. $3000 for 2 hours and 2 gunners. This isn't going to be something for your typical 135 FO to afford. But you get to take home the meat if you want. We donate the rest to a number of charities.
I could probably barter a world class fishing experience in Alaska ;)

Not sure where you are hearing 15 hours? You only need 10 for the SFAR sign off. Unless you are looking to teach in the aircraft

I'm sorry for the confusion. I am working on my CFI at the moment so I'm interested in building the necessary time to teach in the R44 as well.

I will have to look into flights and hotels down there to see if it is doable. Thanks for the reply.

Back