R-ATP approval

That's one of the best things I have heard in a while. Definitely glad I chose to go to the military first, my Flight Engineer time counts as well, meaning I only need to accumulate 500 hours while in school and instructing. Really glad they made the exception for schools that have a really structured program. It really helps a lot of people out!

I graduated from Baylor with a BS in aviation, but because our 141 was an abortion I left and went to a 61 school. because of that I will need 200 more hours. :(

How did they make this happen so fast? A certain midwest based school said it would be 6-8 months minimum! I have 5 friends sitting unemployed and unable to collect because the airline has screwed them over so bad.

How did they make this happen so fast? A certain midwest based school said it would be 6-8 months minimum! I have 5 friends sitting unemployed and unable to collect because the airline has screwed them over so bad.
The airline did or congress did?

@Ajax do you qualify for that restricted at 1250? Or is the issue you didn't get your commercial/instrument tickets there? Either way that's silly :(

And Bronco no idea. I didn't even expect approval to start happening until the end of the year with how long the FAA takes. Was surprised to see the email this morning.

@Ajax do you qualify for that restricted at 1250? Or is the issue you didn't get your commercial/instrument tickets there? Either way that's silly :(

And Bronco no idea. I didn't even expect approval to start happening until the end of the year with how long the FAA takes. Was surprised to see the email this morning.
No I just didn't get my IR and CPL from the 141 school

The airline did or congress did?

A combination but the airline knew what was coming and did nothing to try to prevent them from falling short of the 1,500. They all easily could have made it. Then the union signed an LOA letting the company send them home without pay or anything at all saying come back when you have the hours.

The whole thing is messed up and now after being screwed by congress and the airline it looks like they might get screwed by the state (unemployment... they're technically on unpaid long term leave of absence) and their alma mater who said they might not even certify their older 141 curriculum. It's a mess.

The university had an entire "task force" dedicated to the R-ATP process. The day the AC came out, the "team" was filling out the application. It feels good to know that the university is on top of these things.

UND practically wrote the new regs, you would hope they would get approval quickly.

Middies, does anybody know how this affects the contract students yet?

The international students convert their licenses when they get home under CAAC (Chinese) or JCAB (Japanese) regs. The R-ATP really doesn't have a bearing for them, because they don't complete the required coursework in the traditional credit hours sense.

Back