Question about CACI and Asthma?

Alex Caffrey

I'm going to be starting up at ATP doing their fast track program here pretty soon. I have a 3rd class from when I got my private a few years ago. I have been looking to go in for my first class soon and have a question about the process of doing so with the history of asthma. I had asthma as a kid, young teen and now it is pretty much non existent. I take no medication and have not taken any medication in years nor been to a hospital for the condition. I notice looking at the CACI worksheet, linked below, it says that a "PFT is not required if the only treatment is PRN use on one or two days a week of a short-acting beta agonist (e.g. albuterol)". Given I have needed no treatment in recent years does this mean I am all clear of getting a PFT or do I still need one. Thanks for the help!

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org.../offices/aam/ame/guide/media/c-caciasthma.pdf

I have no idea what CACI is but I too had really bad asthma growing up and around the age of 11-12 it just went away and I never had another asthma related problem since. I got a first class medical last year and it never even came up, FWIW

Back