QT Halo vs A20

PGT

Anyone have experience with both and can compare the two?

I'm sure they're both great but what about noise reduction of the QT Halo in a piston? Also, any issues flying multiple legs in a day with the QT Halo?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the A20 but in-ear headsets seem so much better.

I wore something similar to the Halo in piston. It worked fine as long as I changed the tips often. You can go to an ear doctor and get custom molds for a more permanent solution.

The A20s are nice, but the clamping pressure gets to me after 2+ hours.

I wear the Halos 3-4 legs a day, 3 days a week. Love it, and would never go back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used an in-ear set in a 402. It worked fine, the noise reduction was good, but I couldn't get past the "in my head" voice that's what happens when you wear ear plugs. I sent it back after about 10 hours.

I have not used an A20, but I use an X, and when it finally dies (it has about 6,500 hours on it), I'll be getting an A20.

Halo user here. Love them. I switched to them from using the big expensive Lightspeed Zulu 2 and I'm only keeping the Zulu's as a backup headset. No plans to use them again as a primary headset.

Once you tweak the shape of the head band on the Halo to fit your noggin properly they are super comfortable. I've not encountered a limit to how long I can wear it before experiencing any discomfort. Super light weight; you basically don't feel like you're wearing anything at all The noise reduction is excellent with the standard yellow foam tips and the sound quality is as good as any other headset I've used. As long as you don't mind the way soft foam earplugs feel then you'll have no problem with the Halo. Earplugs don't bother me at all, so the Halo is a welcome increase in overall comfort. The Halo also takes up way less room in my bag compared to the giant over-ear ANR headsets.

A20. Although I've never used the Halo, but I have used the Clarity aloft. It doesn't work well in every application, where as the Bose works great in quiet jets, loud pistons & turboprops.

Also I regularly fly 5+ hour legs with the A20 without pain from the clamping pressure.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

I have owned both. I prefer the Halo. I may try a Zulu3.

The A20 has better noise cancellation because it's ANR, but the clamping force was too much past an hour or so.

I have not worn a more comfortable headset band than the Halo.

Love the A20. Long piston or turbine days, no complaints. Very happy. Only downfall is the size. Really sucks commuting with it, practically another bag.

I enjoy sunglasses freedom with the Halos because I have massive OCD from noise penetration from the arms of the sunglasses breaking the seal.
I'm also tall and the tops of the headsets would hit the headliner on some of the aircraft I've flown.
Only drawbacks, switching legs and the other guy swaps our headsets when my ear plugs aren't "fresh". Awkward.
Also sucks for taking the right ear off and on again while listening for pax complaining about the temp.

What bucksmith said....I need glasses, so either with my regular pair or my Rx sunglasses, the seal being broken on my ANR's was annoying and the clamping force after 8 hours in the air (survey) did me in. Clarity Aloft / Halo FTW.

A20's work better for me. I hated how long it took to put the "In Ear" pieces in on quick turns, especially when doing a half a dozen legs a day. Music quality was better on the A20, better mic, and better noise canceling... More comfortable as well because the wires bugged me..

Honestly, if you can afford it try both. You will have zero problems selling either one if you don't like one of them.

Back