PVT SEL or MEL?

DPApilot

GUYSH! GUYSH! GUYSH!
Ok, so im 16, and can get my PVT in like 5 months. My good friend is a MEII who has a Cessna 320 and flies with me 2-4 times a month when he has to get fuel on what are considered XC's for free. when i get a MEL (be it pvt or comm) he is willing to fly with me in it for the cost of fuel (because he has to be in the a/c for insurance reasons)(about 125 an hour at todays rates)

so far i have 10 hours and at that cost (about the same as a 172M at our local flight school) im thinking it may be best to get my PVT SEL/MEL and build PIC time for those flights (5-10 hrs a month) and then build time in it?

then when i do XC's i could do it in it, it would be cheap (relatively) and fast!

any input?

And lets keep it on topic, not the whole "free instruction", that can be another topic.
Thanks!

Ok, so im 16, and can get my PVT in like 5 months. My good friend is a MEII who has a Cessna 320 and flies with me 2-4 times a month when he has to get fuel on what are considered XC's for free. when i get a MEL (be it pvt or comm) he is willing to fly with me in it for the cost of fuel (because he has to be in the a/c for insurance reasons)(about 125 an hour at todays rates)

any input?
If he has to be in it, how are you going to solo?

I got my multi right after getting my private. What you are talking about is one of the reasons I did. I actually have a student doing her multi engine right now so she can log multi time when she flies with her husband. It will cost you a little in the long run as it is one extra checkride, but it maybe worthwhile if you fly enough.

Alex.

I got my multi right after getting my private. What you are talking about is one of the reasons I did. I actually have a student doing her multi engine right now so she can log multi time when she flies with her husband. It will cost you a little in the long run as it is one extra checkride, but it maybe worthwhile if you fly enough.

Alex.

call a checkride 500 and in 2 fuel trips I would have it paid off

Perfect!

Back