put in bay

Inverted25

just curious if anyone knows how the landing fee is billed at put in bay now that no one is in the office? flew there today and there was a sign on the door saying that your tailnumber is recorded by video camera and you must sign the sheet per FAA regulations... what regulation requires you to sign your name and tailnumber at a airport you go to? I did as asked bc the 10 dollar isnt the issue i'm just curious how they bill it? do they send your a invoice or did i just not see the little white envelope i was supposed to put the money in?

just curious if anyone knows how the landing fee is billed at put in bay now that no one is in the office? flew there today and there was a sign on the door saying that your tailnumber is recorded by video camera and you must sign the sheet per FAA regulations... what regulation requires you to sign your name and tailnumber at a airport you go to? I did as asked bc the 10 dollar isnt the issue i'm just curious how they bill it? do they send your a invoice or did i just not see the little white envelope i was supposed to put the money in?

:rotfl: Screw that. I'd make them work for it. I wouldn't sign anything.

When I had a lease back people would fly to airports that had a landing fee or ramp fees and would try to duck out without paying...people get the tail number, look up the registration and send who ever is listed the bill. Needless to say we didn't pay it. I'd call the school and have them charge the customer/instructor.
As to the other part of the question-"Per FAA regulations" is probably a catch all scare tactic. You know the "I heard from a guy..."

Someone really going to go back and look through 24hrs of video the next day? If they don't want to be there to greet you, make them work for their $10.

RD

I was just there on Friday (see C150 Parking Brake thread, haha). I didn't sign our aircraft in when we got there. I did the time previous to that, but didn't pay the fee. I think the worst thing they can do is just send you a bill. I doubt that they'll even do that.

For an airport that doesn't have gas, is unattended and no chocks/tie downs to be found, I'll keep my $10.

Kelley's Island is the same way. It's unattended, no fence, one tiny building with a single room and mostly occupied by spiders, with no way to arrange transportation to the town, other than to walk. From the looks of it, the landing fee box hadn't been used in months if not years...

Really we are going to spend 70 hr for the plane and probably 40 dollars in town if not more and you can't drop the airport 10 dollars for using the facility. It would be different if the airport was asking 50 dollars and not providing and services but come on. Help a cool GA airport out so we can see it there for years to come.

Really we are going to spend 70 hr for the plane and probably 40 dollars in town if not more and you can't drop the airport 10 dollars for using the facility. It would be different if the airport was asking 50 dollars and not providing and services but come on. Help a cool GA airport out so we can see it there for years to come.

Uuum, perhaps you forgot the :sarcasm: tag?

You can't be serious.

By no means I am protesting the 10 dollars. The plane is ours so if they do look up the registration the bill will come to me. Just curious if i missed the little white enevelope or if they were using the video to bill people like some airports do. I miss the two ladies who worked there they were nice.

Back