Purdue fleet

Just kind of a rant here... This morning during AT144 (Private pilot lectures), my instructor mentioned the push for ATP requirements for all 121 pilots. Then some tool yelled out "Will they give us waivers since we're in a college program?!?!". Wow, just wow.... No one here really has a clue about real life.

Just kind of a rant here... This morning during AT144 (Private pilot lectures), my instructor mentioned the push for ATP requirements for all 121 pilots. Then some tool yelled out "Will they give us waivers since we're in a college program?!?!". Wow, just wow.... No one here really has a clue about real life.

What did the prof say?

Also, if this "everyone gets a type rating" thing goes through I doubt anyone will be getting even 40hrs. SIC.

they are filling orders but are not taking new orders, which is why UND switched to Cessnas

Nope, I saw recently that they plan on selling a PA-28 with a G1000 for roughly $300,000. Saw it in one of those monthly magazines, thinking it was AOPA.

Nope, I saw recently that they plan on selling a PA-28 with a G1000 for roughly $300,000. Saw it in one of those monthly magazines, thinking it was AOPA.
well then that changed from when UND was looking, because what we were told (instructors) that Piper decided to not make them anymore. i wish we still had pipers too, they are built a lot better than the 172's

well then that changed from when UND was looking, because what we were told (instructors) that Piper decided to not make them anymore. i wish we still had pipers too, they are built a lot better than the 172's

Its fairly recent. Believe it happened around the same time that Piper got bought out by the company from Singapore, or wherever they are from. I've been looking for the last hour, but haven't been able to find it again. I'll keep looking, and see if I can't find you a link

Edit: Found it. It's not a G1000 outfit, but rather a G600 fitting, with an Stec-55X. Which, IMO, is a better outfit that what they had going with the Avidyne. In any case, the press release says "around 300,000." Hopefully, they are able to sell them for less than the 172, and get some sales going again.

http://www.newpiper.com/pages/Piper...00onEntryLevelTwinEngineAircraft_07272009.cfm

300K for a flipping PA-28?

That's very similar in price to any of the "4 place" trainers on the market.

A new Cessna 172 SP costs $297,000.
A new, bone-stock Diamond DA-40 costs $267,000
A new, bone-stock Cirrus SR-20 costs $270,000

By the time you get the latter two, to how the factory typically builds them, they end up around $300,000. Sure, they advertise them that cheap, but you'd have to order it that way. If you go to a dealer, I'd think they are going to be north of $300K for either a DA-40 or SR-20.

A plane is a plane to a higher time pilot who has flown several types. To a low time SP/PP or low time/no-time dual given CFI they can be very different. Going from Warriors to Cirrus when the instruction is already lackluster is a bonehead move. I feel bad for the kids who will never fly instruments on steam gauges, I have a feeling they're going to lack basic situational awareness skills.

But...but...why would I need SA when I'm flying a shiny jet with a flight director?? Brah, I would fly a jet for free it is so much fun. :rawk:I'm really hoping to get on with RAH and get my hands on that heavy RJ in midwest paint. I am so excited to fly for a mainline!! I have one question about the E190 tho...does anyone know if there is an iPod dock in the flight deck? Thanks in advance!

EXTREME :sarcasm:

Back