Pubnat4/5

Raydon

Anyone hear back from 'NAT4 yet? The wait is killin me.

270911980_0baa512314.jpg

Hate to tell ya... but the people who applied to PUBNAT3 haven't even received anything yet, and the people for PUBNAT2 have only done their AT-SAT tests (for those who have been scheduled so far at least). You've probably got a good 6-8 month wait before you get anywhere close to seeing a PEPC, and possibly even taking the AT-SAT.

The FEBOTS all applied in February, and we all (pretty much) took our AT-SATS within 4-6 weeks after the announcement closed. Then we had to wait until JULY to go for our interviews (5 months after the announcement closed). Now the APEOTS (3 months ago) are just now starting to go take the AT-SAT tests, then they gotta go through all the MAYOTS before they will get to your announcement.

Waiting is part of the test that they like to do to ya!

I applied in PUBNAT 2 and it was about 7 weeks from the close of the opening to when I got the AT-SAT e-mail. I the AT-SAT notification in ASAP in less than a month, but I was on vacation when that came across and it skipped my mind entirely until I got the e-mail from RVA.

Us from PUBNAT3 received our authorizations on 7/18.

A general rule seems to be that they will not authorize the next group of applicants until the previous group is done testing -- we were authorized the EXACT day PUBNAT2 finished their ATSATS. Coincidence? I doubt it.

So, when you hear word of PUBNAT3's ATSAT scheduling, look for the last possible date, and that might be a good idea of when you'll hear back.

Hope that helps; I know the wait is awful.

Hope that helps; I know the wait is awful.

Yeah, and reading that the people going to the Memphis PEPC will not be going to OKC until January doesn't cheer me up any either. What does that mean for the rest of us, we will be lucky to get in before the end of FY09.:drool:

Yeah, and reading that the people going to the Memphis PEPC will not be going to OKC until January doesn't cheer me up any either. What does that mean for the rest of us, we will be lucky to get in before the end of FY09.:drool:

ha ha.. if that's the case I'll be through my CTI school by then probably since I'm a pubnat4 at earliest.. yikes. ATC GUNG HO ALL THE WAY. I've absolutely made of my mind that this is what I want to do. I've done military and corporate gigs.. and I'm sick of em. I'd rather be where my dreams lie.. in the clouds (or directing people through them). See you all at the top of the hill!:panic:

It feels, sometimes, like the best thing to do is to just forget about the ATC thing altogether, aside from sporadic checking of ASAP/JC and continual apps.

Except for scoring well on the AT-SAT, we have absolutely no control over this process at all. We're messing with a staggering possibility of disappointment, so it seems better just to go about the next six months to a year as if this all never happened.

Forgive the pessimism...I've just seen too many people on here with strong backgrounds, and strong scores go unnoticed. It's often unfair.

point taken. But i figure in a a year or two.. with CTI finished and veterans preference and airport//aviation experience and 3 years progressive work experience and the education.. i should be able to at least get the at-sat. but who knows.. i'm sure there are people with more than that who got less. :\ frustrating. :confused:

point taken. But i figure in a a year or two.. with CTI finished and veterans preference and airport//aviation experience and 3 years progressive work experience and the education.. i should be able to at least get the at-sat. but who knows.. i'm sure there are people with more than that who got less. :\ frustrating. :confused:

As long as you meet the requirements on the announcement, you will definitely get asked to take the AT-SAT. The question is merely whether you'll land an actual PEPC/position/etc.

With your aviation/CTI/Vet. history, you've certainly got an enormous advantage over some of us (myself included...).

Back