PUBNAT2 Facility Swap

Barty

I got ZME, but my wife and I are in a position where we really cannot move out of the general Atlanta area. I am turning 31 in December and probably do not have the option of waiting around for PUBNAT4 to come around to decline this offer and see if I get something to my choosing next time.

So if there is ANYONE who was offered PDK, CHA or ZTL (or even ATL tower...sorry to anyone who has A80, I'm not suicidal) and is in the "trying to get your foot in the door" mode and isn't very particular about where they go, please get in touch with me. I really do not want to have to turn this down, but it may be inevitable.

Thanks!

Bart

i hope you get to switch, but your still lucky to have been chosen. one of my best friends (on the forum as Mr. Met) turns 31 in December too. he was really hopin to get in anywhere in NY or FL, and he hasnt received his email yet. i just hope the arent done with sending them.

good luck on the transfer.

I got ZNY, will accept it if i have too but would love to swap with someone if they have ZMA and want to come up to NYC.

I don't mean to play poker with my career, but I'll throw it out there if they want it. I have P30 up for grabs Pensacola TRACON. Looking for Atlantic side FL or NY. PM me if interested

ZNY is hardly located near NYC...and don't even think about commuting.

im gonna have to agree with ammolite on that one...its about an hour at best from NYC...which i think is a good thing. NYC sucks..haha. long island is much better. still crazy expensive, and crowded.....but less expensive and less crowded than the city...and its cleaner too.

im gonna have to agree with ammolite on that one...its about an hour at best from NYC...which i think is a good thing. NYC sucks..haha. long island is much better. still crazy expensive, and crowded.....but less expensive and less crowded than the city...and its cleaner too.

Trees, birds, yards, and 20-30 mins. from awesome Fire Island ocean beaches. Humidity and taxes will kill you, though.

It depends on a lot of things. I live in Queens, which is technically part of NYC and I would commute there. It would be like an hour and 15 minute drive. The terminal I was selected for, FRG, is like 50 minutes from me now. I'd be willing to switch with you if you wanted (i remember you mentioned that earlier). I don't even know if that is allowed or if there is a portion of the test where they say "Oh, they did so well on this portion they should be terminal/enroute."

what the hell, it is worth a try.

I have ZME (Memphis, Tennessee enroute center) and I want either miami center, MIA tower or FLL tower. PM me.

I think I remeber reading from some other swap thread a long time ago that you could only swap from center to center and terminal to terminal... is that true?

The way swapping was explained to me (from what I gathered when it came up on PUBNAT1) you only trade Terminal for Terminal (Tower/TRACON) or EnRoute to EnRoute. But so many things are changing it couldn't hurt to call your POC and ask. I think you can also put in a formal request to your POC and see if they can get you another facility

Has anyone call the aviation center to see if they could change their selection/facility they gave you? Just wanted to know what the odds where to try to change your facility?

I applied through the CTI program and cot C90. I really wanted a tower. So anyone with a tower in Illinois who wants Chicago Tracon let me know.

Has anyone received ATLANTA Tower?? I have MIAMI Tower and I am pondering the idea to swap it. I've lived down here all my life and am looking for a change. I might even riddle with the idea of A80 ATLANTA TRACON. I'm not 100% yet, as I am still discussing the idea with the wife. Let me know!

Has anyone received ATLANTA Tower?? I have MIAMI Tower and I am pondering the idea to swap it. I've lived down here all my life and am looking for a change. I might even riddle with the idea of A80 ATLANTA TRACON. I'm not 100% yet, as I am still discussing the idea with the wife. Let me know!

I haven't seen an OTS person get ATL. It is very, very, very unlikely that an OTS with no air traffic experience would get ATL.

Stay at MIA if you have no air traffic experience. You are greatly risking your career if you go to A80 right off the bat...

I wish someone would get A80 so they can kick our favorite poster in den Kugeln.

Resize_of_bigstockphoto_Beachballs_868660-267x203.jpg

I haven't seen an OTS person get ATL. It is very, very, very unlikely that an OTS with no air traffic experience would get ATL.

Stay at MIA if you have no air traffic experience. You are greatly risking your career if you go to A80 right off the bat...

Thanks for your reply. I don't have real air traffic experience. I often work with the ATCSimulator program that is out. Yes, I know it isn't the real thing, but it gives me an idea of what kind of traffic I can expect to handle. Believe it or not, I kick butt on arrivals into MIA with no alerts at all. I think it was something like 90-100 aircraft to handle in one hour. I'd have to spin some every once and a while, but it was sure a rush and a great feeling to see my picture come together on the scope. Based on that I feel I can handle being overwhelmed at times and maintain control of the situation.
I have also completed a CTI school, but didn't apply under it. Those simulators are no match for the real world, but I enjoy and get a rush off a challenge. Both towers are level 12 anyways so a swap for MIA Tower to ATL Tower wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for your reply. I don't have real air traffic experience. I often work with the ATCSimulator program that is out. Yes, I know it isn't the real thing, but it gives me an idea of what kind of traffic I can expect to handle. Believe it or not, I kick butt on arrivals into MIA with no alerts at all. I think it was something like 90-100 aircraft to handle in one hour. I'd have to spin some every once and a while, but it was sure a rush and a great feeling to see my picture come together on the scope. Based on that I feel I can handle being overwhelmed at times and maintain control of the situation.
I have also completed a CTI school, but didn't apply under it. Those simulators are no match for the real world, but I enjoy and get a rush off a challenge. Both towers are level 12 anyways so a swap for MIA Tower to ATL Tower wouldn't be an issue.

No disrespect...but saying that you "kick butt" on a computer program and thinking that it is in anyway shape or form the same as real air traffic where you have hundreds of lives in your hands......that is a VERY scary comparison

I think you might want to reconsider that statement....

I have a feeling some of the veterans on here are going to have some fun with you...

Back