PUBNAT2 Facility Swap

Thanks for your reply. I don't have real air traffic experience. I often work with the ATCSimulator program that is out. Yes, I know it isn't the real thing, but it gives me an idea of what kind of traffic I can expect to handle. Believe it or not, I kick butt on arrivals into MIA with no alerts at all. I think it was something like 90-100 aircraft to handle in one hour. I'd have to spin some every once and a while, but it was sure a rush and a great feeling to see my picture come together on the scope. Based on that I feel I can handle being overwhelmed at times and maintain control of the situation.
I have also completed a CTI school, but didn't apply under it. Those simulators are no match for the real world, but I enjoy and get a rush off a challenge. Both towers are level 12 anyways so a swap for MIA Tower to ATL Tower wouldn't be an issue.

The level means nothing at all for some facilities...
Example 1:
SAV (lvl 8 with 2 runways)- 280 operations a day
PDK (lvl 7 with 4 runways)- 552 operations a day

Example 2:
MIA (lvl 12 with 4 runways)-1053 operations a day
ATL (lvl 12 with 5 runways)- 2960 operations a day

See why the level of a facility really doesn't mean anything when comparing some facilities?

A swap from MIA to ATL would be an issue right now, but it is very, very, very unlikely to happen since you have no previous air traffic experience. Stay at MIA, gain experience, make good money, and then bid for ATL if you really want it after you have been at MIA for 5-10 years.

No disrespect...but saying that you "kick butt" on a computer program and thinking that it is in anyway shape or form the same as real air traffic where you have hundreds of lives in your hands......that is a VERY scary comparison

I think you might want to reconsider that statement....

I have a feeling some of the veterans on here are going to have some fun with you...

This is one of the things I can't stand about this forum. People find the oppourtunity to jump right in and make a comment about something someone said before reading what that person said. I already stated "Yes, I know it isn't the real thing,", and "Those simulators are no match for the real world, ". Why not re-read someone's post before making a silly statement that holds no value?

And reference to the veterans, I'm sure they have common sense and will read what I said and understand, before jumping in and bashing! Good Day!

Has anyone received ATLANTA Tower?? I have MIAMI Tower and I am pondering the idea to swap it. I've lived down here all my life and am looking for a change. I might even riddle with the idea of A80 ATLANTA TRACON. I'm not 100% yet, as I am still discussing the idea with the wife. Let me know!

ATLTRACON and a couple of other controllers I have spoken to suggest that going to A80 with zero experience would be a very, very bad career move. I listen to them on my scanner going to/from work, as well as talk to them occasionally when I fly, and the guys working the satellites and approach/departure at Atlanta proper hardly get a moment to breathe sometimes. I can't imagine trying to do that without having learned the ropes elsewhere.

The only reason that MIA is a level 12 is because it has miami tracon also. Soon it will be split into 2 different facilities.

Thanks for your reply. I don't have real air traffic experience. I often work with the ATCSimulator program that is out. Yes, I know it isn't the real thing, but it gives me an idea of what kind of traffic I can expect to handle. Believe it or not, I kick butt on arrivals into MIA with no alerts at all. I think it was something like 90-100 aircraft to handle in one hour. I'd have to spin some every once and a while, but it was sure a rush and a great feeling to see my picture come together on the scope. Based on that I feel I can handle being overwhelmed at times and maintain control of the situation.
I have also completed a CTI school, but didn't apply under it. Those simulators are no match for the real world, but I enjoy and get a rush off a challenge. Both towers are level 12 anyways so a swap for MIA Tower to ATL Tower wouldn't be an issue.

I do really well in EA Sports NASCAR '08 and I'm looking into joining the NASCAR circuit next year. I'm mean how different can it be. It's either that or the NHL, I'm really good at NHL '09. Come on dude get real. Because you can play a video game do you REALLY think you're ready for the Big Show?

I got ZME, but my wife and I are in a position where we really cannot move out of the general Atlanta area. I am turning 31 in December and probably do not have the option of waiting around for PUBNAT4 to come around to decline this offer and see if I get something to my choosing next time.

So if there is ANYONE who was offered PDK, CHA or ZTL (or even ATL tower...sorry to anyone who has A80, I'm not suicidal) and is in the "trying to get your foot in the door" mode and isn't very particular about where they go, please get in touch with me. I really do not want to have to turn this down, but it may be inevitable.

Thanks!

Bart

You will not get PDK. They are extremely overstaffed.

I do really well in EA Sports NASCAR '08 and I'm looking into joining the NASCAR circuit next year. I'm mean how different can it be. It's either that or the NHL, I'm really good at NHL '09. Come on dude get real. Because you can play a video game do you REALLY think you're ready for the Big Show?

Your my HERO!! You tell it like it is!! It's great reading your posts

Another example of someone who doesn't read someone's post and finds the oppourtunity to jump on someone and dominate the world. No need to repeat what I already said. I actually expected this kind of statment from a few, so I am not surprised.

Another example of someone who doesn't read someone's post and finds the oppourtunity to jump on someone and dominate the world. No need to repeat what I already said. I actually expected this kind of statment from a few, so I am not surprised.

Glad I could oblige. You should re-read your own posts..here is an excerpt....Yes, I know it isn't the real thing, but it gives me an idea of what kind of traffic I can expect to handle Really??? You mean because you can play a video game you know what it is when planes are NORDO (in REAL life) aiming at each other at the same altitude at a 600 kt. closure rate. Radar goes blank...no radios...be serious it gives you NO idea of what kind of traffic you can expect to handle..NONE. That's like saying because I play Halo I know what to expect in war. Believe it or not, I kick butt on arrivals...i do believe that you think you "kick butt" but do you really know what you're doing are are you just aiming planes at a space. It's a game.

A80 is not a game.

Check out my earlier comment for a laugh.

Also, don't let 'em get to ya.

Glad I could oblige. You should re-read your own posts..here is an excerpt....Yes, I know it isn't the real thing, but it gives me an idea of what kind of traffic I can expect to handle Really??? You mean because you can play a video game you know what it is when planes are NORDO (in REAL life) aiming at each other at the same altitude at a 600 kt. closure rate. Radar goes blank...no radios...be serious it gives you NO idea of what kind of traffic you can expect to handle..NONE. That's like saying because I play Halo I know what to expect in war. Believe it or not, I kick butt on arrivals...i do believe that you think you "kick butt" but do you really know what you're doing are are you just aiming planes at a space. It's a game.

A80 is not a game.

I sense some tension from you. You should take some time off or find other ways to vent. I don't think you have ever said anything with positive feedback on here regarding certain topics. If I did tell you that I know what I'm doing and not just aiming planes at a space, what would your response be? Good job, or yeah right! You see, I don't need to explain anything to you, and because I decide not to follow this bickering back and forth and to fight for the last word, I will end this conversation that will go nowhere.

Back