Pubnat offers in North Carolina

mcl8613

hello all,

Im new to jetcareers and started following forums in anticipation of pubnat1 hiring. I applied in february and was informed in early july that i should be notified in late july or the first couple of weeks in august if i was chosen by panels. i am seeing that many people have received information from this wave of hiring, congrats to all that got offers, one person even saying that they believe that all of the notifications have been given out for this particular wave of applicants. have not seen any offers from north carolina, however. i was wondering if they have not made any yet but may be in the next couple of weeks? or no openings? or just no one has posted and i got skipped over in this wave. Im a recent graduate from unc-chapel hill with an atsat of 88.4 so i would imagine that i would have been given a chance at a smaller, less popular airport as my score wasnt great but highly qualified. if anyone has any info that could help that would be great. a little summer break was fun but i need to start looking for a real job if this doesnt pan out. thanks yall

I personally have not seen or heard of anyone from N.C. being selected. However your at-sat score is good for a year and as it would seem right now "Maybe" all the feb apps that were selected were notified. My first thing I would suggest would be to contact someone from H.R. maybe your email was lost. You never know. The other thing I would suggest is to keep applying for any other public nation announcements. With a well qualified score, and seeing the staffing shortage I'm sure you are bound to hear something.

best of luck to you, be patient.

... However your at-sat score is good for a year ...

The score is good for 3 years... you're in the well qualified range so I wouldn't worry about that... it's possible NC just didn't hire that many controllers from your announcement. Keep applying if you wish and you should probably start looking for another job since you definitely will be waiting many more months if you reapply.

thanks yall. i was just afraid to commit to a career type job. it seems that i should just kinda roll with it and keep on tryin to get in at least for a little while. id hate to get started in a career and then have to back out in like a year or something. also, if i got skipped over in this wave and have not been re-applying to other pubnat things, does that mean that i am now back at the bottom of the list when i re-apply or am i still in the pool for a potential hires?

thanks yall. i was just afraid to commit to a career type job. it seems that i should just kinda roll with it and keep on tryin to get in at least for a little while. id hate to get started in a career and then have to back out in like a year or something. also, if i got skipped over in this wave and have not been re-applying to other pubnat things, does that mean that i am now back at the bottom of the list when i re-apply or am i still in the pool for a potential hires?

You're only in the pools for the announcements you applied for... it won't carry over to the next announcement if you didn't submit another application

I applied in Feb, interviewed Jul 25, and I have been offered a job at CLT.

Non-PEPC

Back