PT gig - DFW area

LineCheck

Hey all

I'm looking for some advice on some side flying jobs. I have been out of the cockpit for a few years but am looking to get current again and actively fly some on the side. My background is former 121 regional with several thousand hours. I currently work at a major as a Dispatcher. I've been getting the itch the last few months, and it wont seem to go away.

I'm looking for something part time in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Kind of open to a lot of options. Anything from ferrying stuff around, 135 etc. Would love any suggestions on type of work that would be easy on a PT basis or even specific outfits to look at.

Thanks in advance

Hey all

I'm looking for some advice on some side flying jobs. I have been out of the cockpit for a few years but am looking to get current again and actively fly some on the side. My background is former 121 regional with several thousand hours. I currently work at a major as a Dispatcher. I've been getting the itch the last few months, and it wont seem to go away.

I'm looking for something part time in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Kind of open to a lot of options. Anything from ferrying stuff around, 135 etc. Would love any suggestions on type of work that would be easy on a PT basis or even specific outfits to look at.

Thanks in advance
Not to be nosey, but how much money does a dispatcher make at a major to give up flying for a regional airline?

Have you considered being a right seater at CAE? It would allow you to fill the time, get current, get a new type rating (over time) and make contacts that would get you to the cockpit.

Maybe not what you had in mind, but it’s a thought.

Have you considered being a right seater at CAE? It would allow you to fill the time, get current, get a new type rating (over time) and make contacts that would get you to the cockpit.

Maybe not what you had in mind, but it’s a thought.
No this is actually a great suggestion. I had actually heard about this some time ago, and the idea slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder.

Back