PSA anyone??

David Tietz

Just wondering if anyone has an update on PSA. I was supposed to start a class there a few months ago to find it cancelled. Anyone know what's happening?

Not to rain on your parade, but you might want to think about something else. As of September there will be a total of 76 furloughed F/O's and 33 CA's being downgraded. Unless there is some sort of miracle I don't think there is going to be a class for a long time. They will have to recall a bunch of people before that happens.

Just wondering if anyone has an update on PSA. I was supposed to start a class there a few months ago to find it cancelled. Anyone know what's happening?

It has been very quiet the last two weeks. Nothing from the Union or the company, so while I sit on my extended vacation, I would recommend as it was said, that you look for something else. Pinnacle is hiring.

It has been very quiet the last two weeks. Nothing from the Union or the company, so while I sit on my extended vacation, I would recommend as it was said, that you look for something else. Pinnacle is hiring.

Just to clarify, I'm not 100% sure we're HIRING.....yet. I know guys that were in the pool are getting called for class dates, but I don't know for certain if we're interviewing right now. Odds are it won't be much longer if we're not, though.

Wheels, my hire date was July 9th of last year. I've talked to a few guys that were in my class and they are all safe from furlough for now. If they have another round of furloughs then they might not be so lucky. So I guess that means I would not be looking for a job either.

According to Christina's email, Pinnacle is giving class dates to guys in the pool. But they are not interviewing.

Just to clarify, I'm not 100% sure we're HIRING.....yet. I know guys that were in the pool are getting called for class dates, but I don't know for certain if we're interviewing right now. Odds are it won't be much longer if we're not, though.

ah, gracias for the clarification :)

As already said more fuloughs comming. As well as they are downgrading. Those downgraded may not even upgrade right away when those happen again. Due to many bypassing the upgrade they since have changed their bids to HOLD captains. Thus once Captain upgrades happen again it goes by seniority and not if you are already/ and or were qualified as a CA. Many questions unanswered. But who knows maybe we'll get more 700/900/1000s and you'll be in class next month (Sarcasm). I'm out as of Sep 10th and I was a December 3 2007 class. Most my class is gone and almost hit the Novembers classes.

Those downgraded may not even upgrade right away when those happen again. Due to many bypassing the upgrade they since have changed their bids to HOLD captains. Thus once Captain upgrades happen again it goes by seniority and not if you are already/ and or were qualified as a CA.

I know it sucks, but that's pretty much industry standard.

I was telling Paul earlier, It's been god-awful quiet at PSA the last few weeks. Guess no big changes expected.

I know it sucks, but that's pretty much industry standard.

If that's the case, perhaps this is something unacceptable across the board and should be addressed by the brass of the pilot groups at many airlines. But guess we dont think about such things until its occured and thus we all know what they say about hindsight. However it goes back to my thought on those pilots who by pass upgrade and if you dont do the company a favor when they need captains, they should do you no favors when they already have others qualified when times like this come by. Anyways a whole other topic.

Ray you are right. No news is good news?

If that's the case, perhaps this is something unacceptable across the board and should be addressed by the brass of the pilot groups at many airlines. But guess we dont think about such things until its occured and thus we all know what they say about hindsight. However it goes back to my thought on those pilots who by pass upgrade and if you dont do the company a favor when they need captains, they should do you no favors when they already have others qualified when times like this come by. Anyways a whole other topic.

Ray you are right. No news is good news?

The only good news is that there's no WORSE news ;)

Back