Program for Instrument Rating at ATP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying

Does anyone know if I could get the instrument rating at ATP? I have my PPL and I'm planning to get my instrument rating somewhere else and transfer back to my college for my degree... If they have such program, how long and how much will it cost? Thanks a lot.

No ATP does not. Anyways if they did it'd be an insane price because it'd be in the seminole. You are better off just doing your IRA at an FBO. If you are from Columbus, Ohio there are a lot of places in the area that do those. It'd be at your own pace and you could complete it in as little as 2 weeks. I know of a place in Indianapolis if you are intrested. IRA is totally dependant on the student and how quickly they grasp the concept.

Thanks! Meyers9163! It would be great if you could provide me more info about the place in Indianapolis. It will take me at least 6 months to get the IRA from my flight school here....., I would like to see if I could have it done some other place asap.

you might be able to do a multi rating then an instrument with ATP. Why not get the multi time while getting your instrument? I'm sure Eric P. could find a way to make it happen. You could do it in less than a month easily.

you might be able to do a multi rating then an instrument with ATP. Why not get the multi time while getting your instrument? I'm sure Eric P. could find a way to make it happen. You could do it in less than a month easily.

ATP wont taylor such a program. Plus he would be spending entirely too much money. I can get him his IRA at an FBO for under 7k and get it done in 2 weeks.

so do you guys suggest getting a single engine instrument rating before attending ATP??
How about you get off your butt and actually do some research about ATP before asking another stupid question.
If you want the ATP experience for free and in ONE day, simply walk into Rich Tillery's office and tell him he can't fly worth a damn and that he has no right being ATP's chief pilot, then immediately walk outside and right into the maintenance hangar and start playing with the mechanics tools and tapping others on the back while they work on an airplane, then go into the OTHER hangar and start touching that red corvette.

so do you guys suggest getting a single engine instrument rating before attending ATP??

Well unlike Bill who wants to yell and not educate I will help you out. When you get your Private ME you are able to do your IRA in the multi. THus during your IRA you will shoot most of your approaches with two engines. However you will do a single engine approach at the end of the ride and thus that makes you single engine capable as well. There is no need for a Single Engine checkride. Thus if you do go to an FBO and save a #### load of money. You get your IRA in a single. Then during your ME Private or CMEL you will shoot a single engine approach and thus be qualfied as an IRA pilot in the multi as well.

Wow someone's in a bad mood. I have seen a few people go through ATP that already had their instrument rating. The thing is is they didn't change the program for those students. The showed up and did their PMEL, which they did not have. They then flew all of the hours for their Instrument time in the seminole but they didn't have to do the checkride at the end due to the fact that they already had the rating. After that they started the cross-countrys.

Whether or not you go to ATP is going to be your choice and your choice only. I went through the program and got done in 5 months that included the PPL. Right now I work at an FBO and see that you can get the ratings cheaper by going through your local FBO. The only thing that I could not have gotten at the local FBO is the Multi time that I have. If you want some more information you are more then welcome to PM me. Whatever choice you make have fun.

thanks meyers and dL i really appreciate your help i was just all confused on the single/multi instrument rating i didnt want to go thru atp and come out with out an instrument rating in a single. AND to Bill you can go suck some...ive done all the effing research possible and since i was confused i figured i would ask the board and get some USEFUL info. why would you even post something like that?!? how old are you??

thanks meyers and dL i really appreciate your help i was just all confused on the single/multi instrument rating i didnt want to go thru atp and come out with out an instrument rating in a single. AND to Bill you can go suck some...ive done all the effing research possible and since i was confused i figured i would ask the board and get some USEFUL info. why would you even post something like that?!? how old are you??
I am preparing you for ATP.

BillH I guess is trying to prepare you for ATP. I'm not sure how though. If I as an instructor told my student to not ask me question and just do more research then I am not doing my job. I never experienced anybody at ATP treat me that way until my CFI checkrides. They treated us that way then just so we could prove that we could find the information that we needed. Anyways this is a great place to ask questions if you have any. You just needed to ignore the people like to yell at you.

BillH-
I think it is probably time for you to do something else. Being an Instructor just isnt it. If this is the way you treat your students/ customers you are making us all look bad. I was at ATP CRG when you were, and you neither acted like a jerk nor were you treated like one by anyone there. If you are bitter, just plan one of your trips to south america and bring your one peso bills, come back refreshed and leave the newbie's alone here.

These forums have been a great help to many with questions. They have helped me a lot. Please dont wreck the professional atmosphere with pedantic remarks.

PS- I am sure ATP would work up a program if you wanted an accelerated IRA in a multi, whether or not it would be good for you is your call. We all have opinions. As for me, I would definitely pay extra for multi- it is my drug of choice.

could not have said it better, elipse.

BillH, see a doctor, please. You are probably not safe to fly right now.:D

Since it looks like the original question has been answered, and apparently there has been a train wreck in this thread somewhere along the way, I think I'll just shut this one down.

Hey guys, if things get out of hand like this in another thread how about reporting it so we can nip it in the bud a little bit earlier, eh? Thanks!

Report post button:
report.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back