Predictions For Two Years From Now!

Dude dont go to MPD!!!! alot of us have made that mistake and now we are sitting with nothing. First off MPD only gets you out with 10-15 multi so unless you get your MEI and instruct Mesa is your only option. Second the last class had about 20 people in it and only 1 guy is actually flying an RJ. 1 out of 20!! 4 of us got furloughed any many others went elsewhere. Half of our class were CFI's and had close to 1000 hours but were being turned down because of our Multi Time. Eagle was hiring people with 300/50 but turning down people with over a 1000 but less than 50. ASU was a great school and I had lots of fun and learned alot from my professors.....but in the long run if I could do it again I would have got my degree in something else and done all my training at an FBO.

I hope MESA is gone i don't know why anyone would want to work for the worst company

Mesa and others will probably become the “Southwest” successes in growth of the regional market.

Why?

Today majors want cheap period. They could give a crap about on-time metrics, completion factors, or customer satisfaction. In the domestic market they are too micro-focused on cutting cost to be competitive with discount carriers like Southwest.

The problem is they want to competitive but are not making the steps necessary to be efficient and productive with all the resources at their deposal. Airline industry is a labor and equipment intensive industry. If you learn how to utilize/maximize the labor and equipment the results will be lower overlap/overhead costs, and better employee quality of life. Combined with a serious investment in information technology to oversee the entire operation, with tools for decision makers at the top to make informed timely changes as the industry evolves. One carrier seems to have to big picture and continues to grow even in soft times.

We are now almost closing the first decade in the 21st century and majors still don’t get it. They believe in merging will make them strong and muscle out the competition. Bigger is better. Well, without the efficiency in place, big just means adapting to change will take longer and be more costly. Becoming bigger without becoming better is just a delay in the inevitable…

Mesa and others will probably become the “Southwest” successes in growth of the regional market.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

*deep breath*

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ahhhh....sorry, couldn't resist. I honestly don't think Mesa will be with us much longer. Codeshares cant stand them and their horrible performance, they always have the worst planes and mechanics...oh and have you looked at their financials?

Back