Predictions For Two Years From Now!

Furlough Number

I've heard the 5 year number a couple of places, but I'm confused since the contract clearly says 7 years (13.B.2 A pilot on furlough status who fails to accept recall or who has not been recalled within 7 years will have his name removed from the seniority list.)

I think there is only going to be about 250-330 furloughs there. Five years seems like a precautionary measure for round two: CAL takes 15 more and charter closes (worst case scenario).

What happens to an MPD guy if Mesa shuts down? I've never been a big fan of MDP but this is seems like a pretty bad time to go that route.
Only about half of those who go through the ASU program actually get hired at Mesa. I don't know how much it costs but from what I understand you actually get a fairly good college education (and at least an associate's degree) through the program. If Mesa were to shut down (unlikely) its entirely possible the ASU program would remain.

I will have taken 451 showers, gone through 21 bottles of spikey-hair gel, and performed 5 Cat-II ILS approaches without pausing my ipod.

Dude, only 21 bottles of gel? You slacker. I gotta say your number of showers came up a little short of my calculations as well. Ha!

Seriously....any referrals for the wookie?????

I feel bad for his FO's....no worries though, I'll be moving in to buffer the fur removal. :laff:

Let see in two years:

Only about 45% of existing legacy aircraft will be flying.

Remaining pilots at the majors will be forced to take a 40-50% pay/benefits cut. Don’t complain there are scores of furloughed pilots and scabs who want your job.

Plenty of new 70 seat turbo prop aircraft will be introduced with scores of pilots lined up to fly them at a new pay structure below CFI wages. But hey you need the PIC time to get into the 45% mentioned above.

ALPA will lobby and get approval of age 70 rule citing its cheaper to keep them working in the private sector then to let them be a burden on the government.

CAST will be dissolved due to increased fuel cost. You must live at base.

Enjoy!

Southwest will be the domestic carrier. CAL and American will still be ok. Otherwise with the regionals.......Who knows. There will always be some regional out there though.

I'll be 2 years older.............

Yeah, but how do you really know that? I'm sick and tired of the negativity about how linear and clearly logical time is and other obvious things like that.

(Heavy, HEAVY amounts of :sarcasm: :) :) :))

Yeah, but how do you really know that? I'm sick and tired of the negativity about how linear and clearly logical time is and other obvious things like that.

Time is actually this big....wibbly....wobbly....timey....wimey....ball of.........stuff.

Only about half of those who go through the ASU program actually get hired at Mesa. I don't know how much it costs but from what I understand you actually get a fairly good college education (and at least an associate's degree) through the program. If Mesa were to shut down (unlikely) its entirely possible the ASU program would remain.

Most grads go other places, and at MPD/ASU program you get your B.S. degree (yes it is a BS degree :)) and the Farmington program you get your associates.

Now, if Mesa were to go out of business, MPD would still be around, however probably not for long. MPD is its "own" company but Mesa pays for about everthing. And if MPD were to go away, ASU would go find a new flight school for the program. There was a different flight school there up until about 2002 when MPD came in...

Back