Precision Air flight with 39 passengers on board plunges into Lake Victoria

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
40C9C22E-6C38-409A-8EE0-6FC206A62C1C.jpeg

Date:Sunday 6 November 2022
Time:08:53
Type:
Silhouette image of generic AT45 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

ATR 42-500
Operator:Precision Air
MSN:819
First flight:2010-08-16 (12 years 3 months)
Engines:2 Pratt & Whitney Canada PW127M
Crew:Fatalities: / Occupants: 4
Passengers:Fatalities: / Occupants: 39
Total:Fatalities: 19 / Occupants: 43
Aircraft damage:Substantial
5H.gif
Tanzania)
Phase:Approach (APR)
Nature:Domestic Scheduled Passenger
Departure airport:Dar es Salaam International Airport (DAR/HTDA), Tanzania
Destination airport:Bukoba Airport (BKZ/HTBU), Tanzania
Flightnumber:PW494
Narrative:
Precision Air flight 494, an ATR 42-500, came down in Lake Victoria near Bukoba Airport (BKZ), Tanzania.
Preliminary reports suggest the was on final approach to runway 31 at the time of the accident.
Officials reported 19 occupants were confirmed to have died.

Bukoba has a single runway (13/31), 1385 m long. Distance between the shore and the runway 31 threshold is 130 meters.
Weather at the time of the accident was said to have been poor. The latest available Metar weather report was from 03:00 UTC, about 2,5-3 hours before the accident. At that time winds were from 270 degrees at 4 knots with scattered clouds at 1200 feet, few Cumulonimbus clouds at 1400 feet and broken clouds at 8000 feet.

Last edited:
Not necessarily! They can keep the name if they crash 10 or so more ATRs into the same spot on the lake.

View attachment 67688

remember, they made no claims at being precise and accurate - merely precise.

</pedantic comment that’s probably sending me straight to hell>

In that case, they will need to crash 5 more ATR's (without passengers.... I'm not a monster)

</pedantic comment that’s probably sending me straight to hell>

If you'd waited a few hours I would have done this for you. I'm already DEFINITELY going to Hell. Nevertheless, bravo for the absolutely correct and appropriate pedantry.

Back