Pre-employment screening

Bsmiller05

Anyone here who works at an FBO have a pre-employment FBI screening due to working on the ramp? I'm *still* waiting for mine after 2 weeks :panic: ...I'm not worried of anything coming up seeing as I've had an FBI check for Civil Air Patrol, but I just didn't remember it being this long...oh well. Any feedback?

Thanks.

I am currently working at an FBO. The background check used to only take a few days, but I was told with some changes by TSA that it can take up to two weeks now. Fortunately I have been working at this FBO off and on for a few years so I was already in the system. They usually do the standard finger prints and background checks. As far as the SIDA badge that part happens pretty quick.

I waited almost four weeks for my SIDA badge, and I've heard of it taking 6-8 weeks for some of the people I work with. After you are fingerprinted it is in the hands of the airport authority, not your employer, and in my case they weren't very quick with the whole process.

hahahahaha
Ask VATechPilot how long it took for his...

Yeah, this stuff takes a while now. It didn't take me too long to get my SIDA (one week), because I'd been employed there before.

After my doing my fingerprints it took 2 months to get my SIDA badge. Nothing to do with FBI or anything, it was all due to my employer and their lack of communication and organization.

After my doing my fingerprints it took 2 months to get my SIDA badge. Nothing to do with FBI or anything, it was all due to my employer and their lack of communication and organization.

2 MONTHS?!?! That's ridiculous. The thing is, I'm still waiting on the "paperwork" so I haven't even gotten my prints done or anything else. And now that it's been 3 weeks now, I'm getting the feeling I need to keep looking for some other place of work...

Back