Potential Phoenix Mooney Partnership

thepedroid

I am really just throwing around ideas regarding how I will finish my training but am seriously starting to consider buying a plane, preferably a Mooney.

I have been looking at several schools in the Valley and have found a few that seem like they will work, however am finding that most schools have restrictions on where you can take their planes. I don't want restrictions and want to enjoy my training by going where I want. I have a buddy who is a skywest FO and will be my CFI and we intend to fly 3-4 days a week.

Anyone in the Phoenix Area looking for a partnership? I am looking for something IFR rated with at least a Garmin 430 between 35-50k. It would be based at Deer Valley Airport.

Any and all opinions welcome!

I'm just a poor CFII at DVT so I have no money for a venture like this. But if it ever comes to fruition, I'd love to go for a ride. Always wanted to fly a Mooney.

I can't help you because I do not live anywhere near Phoenix, but wanted to say you have good taste in airplanes. I have over 600 hours in various models of the Mooney, having worked for a Mooney dealer in college. It's a great machine for cruising around in. You'd be fine with a late 80s vintage M20J.

Apparently it won’t come to fruition. I was planning on getting a line of credit on my house to finish my training but so far haven’t found a single lender that will do a heloc on an investment property.

Yeah. My credit union apparently wasn’t listening when I mentioned it was an investment property. I’ve called about 15 other credit unions and it’s no dice with everyone. Wells will do it but only 10 year at 60%ltv which won’t work. I’m determined to figure this out.

I'm just a poor CFII at DVT so I have no money for a venture like this. But if it ever comes to fruition, I'd love to go for a ride. Always wanted to fly a Mooney.
i soloed an initial in a new Mooney Year’s ago. Had blown my mind, these instructors couldn’t get me in a flow. One evening I devised a system for the flow pattern in a complex retract.
Soloed the next day- instructors were shocked.
Left the next day to train in 150’s

Back