Post OKC arrangements?

pm577

For those about to go to OKC, I'm curious what all your post OKC arrangements will be. This is especially for those planning on selling their current home.

Are you planning to find a place after you pass OKC? or are you looking for things now?

As you know, home prices are dropping like a rock in some areas, so it might be possible to find excellent deals on a house. It would probably be wise to wait until making CPC, however if someone can afford something now, then why not buy? (except for that 'small' chance that you'll get canned :sarcasm:)

I would at least wait until you graduated the Academy...plus...most mortgage companies want to see that you have been in the same line of work for at least a year....they don't like to see that you just started a new line of work and have only been in for 1 month.

Also...you are on probation for 1 year, the FAA can fire you without cause.

I waited until after my probation was up to purchase a home...

It might also be a good idea to wait until you are CPC or at least close...by this time you will have established yourself in your profession for lending purposes and hopefully have a higher income so you can qualify for a nicer home.

I would at least wait until you graduated the Academy...plus...most mortgage companies want to see that you have been in the same line of work for at least a year....they don't like to see that you just started a new line of work and have only been in for 1 month.

Yeah it seems like there is a small window of opportunity for some of us right now before OKC. I've had a stable job for almost 5 years, and reasonable income to support it.
Also, I have extra personal time before OKC to be looking for a home and doing any necessary paperwork. Granted, I'm speculating more so than actually serious... but I just can't help but look at some of these prices right now.
(For those in NorCal, I was looking at how much stuff near Tracy and anywhere in the Central Valley has dropped. You can really find something for less per month than an apartment.)

Also...you are on probation for 1 year, the FAA can fire you without cause.

Last week at A80, female trainee with 11 months in was fired on the spot for "failure to progress satisfactorily". It was nothing more than a convent excuse as she rubbed some people the wrong way. Take it for what it's worth.

Last week at A80, female trainee with 11 months in was fired on the spot for "failure to progress satisfactorily". It was nothing more than a convent excuse as she rubbed some people the wrong way. Take it for what it's worth.

What do you mean she rubbed some people the wrong way? Was she yelling at supervisors? Or was it something more minor, like being nonchalant about training suggestions? Give me an idea here.

What do you mean she rubbed some people the wrong way? Was she yelling at supervisors? Or was it something more minor, like being nonchalant about training suggestions? Give me an idea here.

Sounds like she literally 'rubbed some people the wrong way'. Sexual Harassment will NOT be tolerated!

harassment.jpg

Nonchalant some days...had issues with sick father and a single mother to boot. Showing up late for work, etc., not getting checked out as fast as other and struggled slightly in ETG. Nothing more than other trainees have put us through in the last year. BTW Boomer...not cool.

Back