Polar 128

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
Hey, I was taking off on monday from fire island and polar 128 was over head, was that anybody around these parts?

Hey, I was taking off on monday from fire island and polar 128 was over head, was that anybody around these parts?
OK, so maybe I should know this, but what the heck is on Fire Island aside from the VOR.

And the Polar guy, well, that was me. Seriously. :rawk:

How'd you get to use the "Polar" callsign, especially with us out of ANC everyday? I thought those were ICAO calls. Did you have an agreement with the local FAA to use that call?

Our calls are all Polar 9xx now.

How'd you get to use the "Polar" callsign, especially with us out of ANC everyday? I thought those were ICAO calls. Did you have an agreement with the local FAA to use that call?

Our calls are all Polar 9xx now.

I didn't use it, I heard polar 128 (maybe 928) a heavy 747 over the island, our strip is just inside Tulli there.

And the Polar guy, well, that was me. Seriously. :rawk:

I didn't use it, I heard polar 128 (maybe 928) a heavy 747 over the island, our strip is just inside Tulli there.

I was talking about TallFlyer. We did have a 128, but I thought that flight number was discontinuted. It might have been an airplane with something other than the rope P on the tail using that callsign, but that's in arbitration.

I was talking about TallFlyer. We did have a 128, but I thought that flight number was discontinuted. It might have been an airplane with something other than the rope P on the tail using that callsign, but that's in arbitration.
lol..... I was aiming for a little humor and missed apparently. My 575-ish hours aren't nearly enough to get me into a 747 or anything else using a Polar call sign, if there is indeed such a thing.

lol..... I was aiming for a little humor and missed apparently. My 575-ish hours aren't nearly enough to get me into a 747 or anything else using a Polar call sign, if there is indeed such a thing.

There is indeed such a callsign. And don't loose hope. Several of our PFEs have checked out with ~600 hrs. One of my buds, who is a CA now, started as a flight mechanic, became an FE and checked out as FO with about 500 hrs.

It can be done!!

Back