please help......

amit_agarwal2007

Hi guys
My name is Amit Agarwal, citizen of India. I am having a FAA CPL(ASEL, AMEL, IA). I am planning to get my CFI rating and i would even like to work in U.S after getting my rating, but the problem is i cant coz i will be there on m1 visa. Do you guys know any university where i can get enrolled for a cheaper price and then do my training so that i can work as i will be on f1 visa.
I will even appreciate it if you can suggest me a nice school to do my cfi rating and do some time building on multi.

I'm curious, Why would you want to work in the U.S. when you can go back to India with your CMEL and 200 hours and get on with airline flying a large airliner? The path to the airlines (the majors) here is much more difficult!

I'm curious, Why would you want to work in the U.S. when you can go back to India with your CMEL and 200 hours and get on with airline flying a large airliner? The path to the airlines (the majors) here is much more difficult!

I've heard that India isn't doing too hot either right now. JetA over there is expensive and there are a lot of restrictions in place.

And I don't think the United States is doing any better. Many former students told me that there was a huge shortage for flight instructors in India. I've been lied to before. But who knows!!!

I have a connection back in DC who is running a very successful flight training operation in Nepal. Sounds like you would be a great fit. PM me if you are interested.

I can't specifically answer your question about working here in the US, but it sounds like it will be tough, just judging by how hard it was to get international students to train here (as their sole purpose-- no work visa, etc). We had a smaller operation, though. Not a big flight academy.

To answer your flight training question: Check w/ flight schools that specifically cater to Indian students-- Sierra Academy comes to mind. They are set up to do all the paperwork for international students.

Once you get in as a student, you might have a better idea of how you could work in the country. AND I think you would be good instructor for people from your own country. The multi time will come, but I would recommend becoming an MEI to do it.
(I understand that you want a good plan of action, but sometimes, especially in this business, you have to make it up as you go along).

Good luck-

sir i would like to let you know the condition aint better in india as well.
the boom is over and airlines have stopped hiring....dats the only reason i am coming back to get cfi rating so dat atleast i can have a piece of bread on my table at the end of the day........

Their airlines quit hiring, they are full of 250 hour CMELs, and have no real GA to speak of.

Back