Places that don't charge you "out of pocket"?

Craptastic

I know some places require you to pay out of your own pocket even if your an FAA student but some places are a little more flexible and don't make you pay right away. Does any one know what places do this? I'm just wondering if I can keep extra drinking money or so I save it for trying to pay for the place.

renowxman

Most of the FAA housing doesn't require you to pay right away. I stayed at Meridian Mansions and paid rent whenever i wanted to. I usually did it every 15 days but you could go for a month before you paid. They are very lenient. :eek:

strykr

How would you rate Meridian Mansions on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best)? Is it clean, safe, quiet?

renowxman

Meridian Mansions are in a pretty decent area and are pretty safe. Saw no theft or anything like that. Grounds are ok. Kept up well. Apartments are terrible. Smelly. I had mold growing all over the bathroom. Pretty nasty. Took me a week to clean it up. For the same price you can do much better. However, it is pretty close to the academy. If you drive, only 10 min drive.

aggie_atc

Apple Tree Apartments has a no out of pocket policy. They told me that they understand that it takes about 20 days to get the per diem money, and that they would expect to see me then.