Pinnacle gets more CRJ900's for DELTA

My bet: they try to use these -900s as a carrot come the new year with no contract, we don't fall for it, Mesaba gets more -900s.

I'll add a lil twist. Company will dangle carrot. Union says we arent stupid and shows Uncle phil where to shove it. Company sends blast memo that because of the pilot group Pinnacle can't grow. But a couple days later, Due to the brilliant and superhuman powers of our Executive team, we were able to still hold on to the extra planes.

In terms of operating cost Comair is the most expensive. That combined with Delta owning them is why those CMR keeps getting put on the chopping block.

ASA is the most expensive after Comair. There is a major cost cutting program going on at ASA right now for our operating costs to match SKW's eventually.

Pinnacle is obviously the cheapest. But unlike MESA, Pinnacle is able to pull off being the cheapest while providing good performance numbers.

I'll add a lil twist. Company will dangle carrot. Union says we arent stupid and shows Uncle phil where to shove it. Company sends blast memo that because of the pilot group Pinnacle can't grow. But a couple days later, Due to the brilliant and superhuman powers of our Executive team, we were able to still hold on to the extra planes.

Deja vu.

Pinnacle = cheap
Pinnacle = insane ontime performance record lately (which I think we're gonna have to tank to get a contract in a LEGAL way somehow)

Pinnacle is obviously the cheapest. But unlike MESA, Pinnacle is able to pull off being the cheapest while providing good performance numbers.

just to show you how good

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2008/09/29/daily37.html
The ranking marks the fourth month in a row that Pinnacle was either No. 1 overall or on the mainland.

Jesus. 3rd month in a row that we're tops other than Hawaiian. If we can figure a legal way to knock that down about 10 pegs, well, then management might actually feel pressured to sign a decent deal.

DL can keep those -900s. Kellwolf, there are only a few d'bags that are upset. Most of us really don't care.

This is why I get worried when everyone at Mesaba is "so sure" we are getting more aircraft. Our contract snapbacks start up December and our contract just gets more and more expensive after that. I would think we'd have a tough time just keeping the flying we have never mind more when pinnacle is so cheap and with no new contract in sight.

Although there is a possibility management is saying you got the award because you are cheap to keep pilots thinking "man if we demand too much we are gonna cut our own throat, just look at XJT and Comair".

We (PNCL) will not have a CVG base (beyond TDY's) in the forseeable future. I have some good sources on that. With that statement said I would love to see the chalk board where these guys are toying with all of our futures!

Chalk boards...nope...

They are sitting around sniffing dry erase markers before coming up with ideas!:D

I can just see a group of guys with venti starbucks and a dry erase board... They make diagrams and plans and leave early to play golf.... When they show up the next day the cleaning crew has already wiped the board clean.

Back