"Pilots usually do not land on roads"

Always wanted to set down on a lonely stretch of highway. Hope I never have to.

Hi guys,

I think in Nebraska, it's still legal to land on county roads.

Richman

Hi guys,

Richman

Nebraska does pretty much rock, and I do know some who have, but I don't think it is illegal else where, are these state laws else where?

Sometimes small town municpal bigwigs don't like the idea of little airplanes landing on their roads for anything except emergencies, so they pass a traffic ordinance.

Hi guys,

Richman

I did so during my PPL training in the middle of nowhere AZ in the '80s during forced landing practice. Also did gravel strips and a couple of times, a canal bank access road. CFI was of the mindset of "if thats where you pick, take it to a logical conclusion then. My contract with you is that I won't allow you to get so far that I can't recover us safely."

Made for good training.

I did so during my PPL training in the middle of nowhere AZ in the '80s during forced landing practice. Also did gravel strips and a couple of times, a canal bank access road. CFI was of the mindset of "if thats where you pick, take it to a logical conclusion then. My contract with you is that I won't allow you to get so far that I can't recover us safely."

Made for good training.
That would have been fun. I didn't get half of that kind of stuff. Always forced my students to do something to its conclusion. Had a cocky student who I knew was going to UPT so I made him try and land a C172 with a simulated stuck elevator. He rather quickly respected the fact that I with my measly 750TT, at the time, knew more than he did. Now he flies C17's but I at least got my Baron. Oh, wait....

Reminds me of the news this week and the idiot editor that decided this headline/ story was worthy of print.

"Tiger Woods at fault in 1 car accident."

really? shocker!

Back