Pilots -- Things Controller's Say That Annoy You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite a different explaination than this:

You make recommendations on where I put my airplane, and 99% of the time I do what you say. But when it comes down to it, you don't make the decision on where to turn, when to turn, when to climb, etc. etc.

It sounds like someone is trying to stretch the definition of "deviation authority" to give themselves the illusion that they are in control. Okay...whatever works for you bud. Just remember that authority is not a free pass. Chances are good that professional controllers would not question its use (as they are typically a smart bunch and usually have the flick). But believe me, if someone were to use it gratuitously for no reason other than to show who's in control, they'd better be able to back it up and justify it.

CHeck it out holmes.

Your butt ain't strapped into an airplane when it penetrates a thunderstorm, hits a mountain, or exceeds a limitation. Mine is, and I will do whatever I have to do to protect myself, my airplane and my certificates from any and every threat out there, no matter what produces that threat.

Pilots have taken controllers vectors straight into mountains before, and that's why I say that 99% of the time, the pilot agree's with where a controller is going to put them. But a pilot NEEDS to continue to think for themselves, or you'll end up dead and the controller will be sitting fat dumb and happy on the ground with nothing more than a radar return being gone.

Further, the phrase, "unable" was one of my most often used words when I was flying down in Socal. We didn't have a lot of speed control, and we were unwilling to destroy our engines because of the approach controllers sequencing issues. It ain't personal, it's just how business gets done.

Your butt ain't strapped into an airplane when it penetrates a thunderstorm, hits a mountain, or exceeds a limitation. Mine is, and I will do whatever I have to do to protect myself, my airplane and my certificates from any and every threat out there, no matter what produces that threat.

Understandable. I have no problem with that, nor would any controller I know.

jtrain609 said:
Further, the phrase, "unable" was one of my most often used words when I was flying down in Socal. We didn't have a lot of speed control, and we were unwilling to destroy our engines because of the approach controllers sequencing issues. It ain't personal, it's just how business gets done.

I'm pretty familiar with how business gets done, I've been telling pilots what to do for over 6 years now, but thanks. And I never mind hearing "unable" from the pilot, it just means I have to go to plan B which usually involves an off-course vector to keep airplanes properly spaced and separated. Like I said I'm a pilot myself so I'm well aware of what airplanes are capable of. If a pilot is throwing "unable" responses around just because he has a chip on his shoulder than as far as I'm concerned he gets what he deserves when someone gives him the scenic route.

Good thing I don't fly to Memphis anymore, I'd be asking for numbers if I thought a controller had it out for me while giving me vectors.

Good thing I don't fly to Memphis anymore, I'd be asking for numbers if I thought a controller had it out for me while giving me vectors.

Dude.... Memphis is so simple. I never worried about vectors in Memphis. Now Atlanta... ya gotta show up at the right time or you get the dreaded "maintain 250 knots"..... or this:

flight_track_map.rvt

Yeah Newark could be pretty bad too, but that was traffic saturation and not pissed off controllers that had it out for pilots because they were confused about who was PIC.

If you thought the vectors were because a controller had it out for you, why ask for numbers? I'd think you could just use your deviation authority and refuse them.

By the way, if you really want to have complete control over the flight just go VFR. You can do whatever you want and no one can tell you otherwise (except in airport surface areas). But if you want to participate in the NAS as an IFR flight and be provided with all the associated services, than get with the program, ackknowledge the clearance, and input it into the computer that flies the airplane.

VFR aircraft aren't part of the NAS?

Or is it just not important because you can't control it.

We can go on and on about this for a while if you'd like, I love making letting you put your foot in your mouth about this stuff.

I've been telling pilots what to do for over 6 years now

Sounds like you need an attitude adjustment, little man. We should be working together, but instead you want to act like some sort of ATC god that bosses pilots around. You do your profession a disservice. It's a shame that guys like ATC RET 2003 are retired and replaced with guys like you.

Yeah Newark could be pretty bad too, but that was traffic saturation and not pissed off controllers that had it out for pilots because they were confused about who was PIC.

If you thought the vectors were because a controller had it out for you, why ask for numbers? I'd think you could just use your deviation authority and refuse them.

By the way, if you really want to have complete control over the flight just go VFR. You can do whatever you want and no one can tell you otherwise (except in airport surface areas). But if you want to participate in the NAS as an IFR flight and be provided with all the associated services, than get with the program, ackknowledge the clearance, and input it into the computer that flies the airplane.

VFR aircraft aren't part of the NAS?

Or is it just not important because you can't control it.

We can go on and on about this for a while if you'd like, I love making letting you put your foot in your mouth about this stuff.

[modhat] Enough already people. One person thinks they are smarter than the other and it goes back and forth. If the two of you want to duke it out, take it to a pm. Otherwise, make way to the right and carry on. I don't care who started what, but the users in general really don't need to hear it. If you listen closely you can hear the time bomb ticking on this thread.[/modhat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back