Pilots and stubble and cigarettes and motorcycles and flasks

Re: Pilots and stubble and cigarettes and motorcycles and fl

Hmm. If I say "no", is that going to affect my chances of getting the job?

YEAH!

Interviews are for airline pilots.

Both of my "interviews" have been, "so, uhh, you're here," DO lights a Cig, "do you want to come to groundschool?"

Me, "sure."

DO, "Ok, you're hired, try not to be a dumbass."

YEAH!

Interviews are for airline pilots.

Both of my "interviews" have been, "so, uhh, you're here," DO lights a Cig, "do you want to come to groundschool?"

Me, "sure."

DO, "Ok, you're hired, try not to be a dumbass."
the company i want to work for apparently takes you out to a bar, you eat dinner, drink a few beers, and if they like you, they hire you

Light

En

Up

Eh? I realize the sarcasm is deep with his questions but my comments were not necessarily directed towards anyone specifically but towards the overall notion of providing a professional image in an interview environment. Sorry to ruin the party.

Hmm. If I say "no", is that going to affect my chances of getting the job?

I don't know. Not the one to ask, might want to confer with someone in a HR department.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, from the cockpit this is Captain Buzzkill"..."Is everyone listening, because I have some VERY important information for everyone.....

the company i want to work for apparently takes you out to a bar, you eat dinner, drink a few beers, and if they like you, they hire you

thats exactly how my interview went.

show up, get some food, i take the liberty of ordering a margarita (we were at a mexican place afterall), we shoot the breeze, and i got hired.

depends who YOU want to work for i guess.

if someone demanded i show up in a monkey suit with loafers from JC Penny i'd tell them to go cram it and go to my next "interview".

Eh? I realize the sarcasm is deep with his questions but my comments were not necessarily directed towards anyone specifically but towards the overall notion of providing a professional image in an interview environment. Sorry to ruin the party.

Who have you ever known who did not present a professional image during an interview? The point of the interview is to get hired. Is there a preconceived notion otherwise that I am not aware of?

AWESOME! We need more of that.

I heard XOJet was like that. A friend of a friend works there, and said "ehh, anyone can fly an airplane, the real question is, can we bear to sit next to you for extended periods of time."

AWESOME! We need more of that.

I heard XOJet was like that. A friend of a friend works there, and said "ehh, anyone can fly an airplane, the real question is, can we bear to sit next to you for extended periods of time."

precisely.

the company i fly for, im living in hotels with other pilots for 9 months. everyone can fly a nice line in the sky (or if you cant then obviously you dont get hired), but the real question is, can we stand to be around you 24/7 for 9 months??

precisely.

the company i fly for, im living in hotels with other pilots for 9 months. everyone can fly a nice line in the sky (or if you cant then obviously you dont get hired), but the real question is, can we stand to be around you 24/7 for 9 months??

a lot of companies do this though..... it isn't something new or out of the ordinary..... one of my past job interview involved me going to dinner with some folks and then hitting the town with one of the VP's of the company and some of his friends.... next morning I woke up in the hotel room with a voice message that said "You'll do." That was it...

mmmmm sarcasm. Great after dinner snack! :D

a lot of companies do this though..... it isn't something new or out of the ordinary..... one of my past job interview involved me going to dinner with some folks and then hitting the town with one of the VP's of the company and some of his friends.... next morning I woke up in the hotel room with a voice message that said "You'll do." That was it...

but did you wake up with a naked puerto rican hooker next to you?

if so, you failed! (you pay her to LEAVE.)

I don't know. Not the one to ask, might want to confer with someone in a HR department.
wow

was that the company that sent you to south america and left you there stranded for a week?

image.php

was that the company that sent you to south america and left you there stranded for a week?

Nope.... but looking back.... I kinda should have expected them to do something similar!

Back