Pilots and Earrings

cant speak for the majors, BUT i did have my ears at a 00 gauge for a while (a little less than 1/2" hole for you non-body-mod types)... could put a golf tee thru it...

about a year before anticipated graduating i went ahead and took them out. they closed up fine, now just looks like i had my ears pierced at one point (small hole) but I dont wear any jewelry in them and no one has ever commented on them, nor said "hey did you have your ears pierced ever?"

i also had no less than 3 holes in my lip at one point in time. those also came out. and only one of the holes left any sort of scar or small dimple in my face. hell, could be an acne scar for all anyone knows.

the only people who have ever noticed or commented on the small scar in my lip were people who also had their lip pierced at some point or are familiar with piercings and such.

point being, take them out well ahead of when you plan to "go work" or "be professional" but i cant honestly imagine a casual observer noticing OMG THIS MAN HAD HIS EARS PIERCED AT ONE TIME!! SUCH A DEVIANT!!!

just think, can you name the last person you saw with pierced ears or holes where piercings were at one time? probably not. its just not something youd really notice unless its a screamingly obvious 1" wide hole in your lobe or tattoos on your face.

besides, my nose is ugly, so that steals the attention.

:nana2:

I'm not talking about wearing an earring in uniform. Here at ASA its prohibited. I'm talking about having your ear pierced and what effect it would have at an interview.

How you present yourself tells them a little about how well you prepared for the interview. Interviewers at airlines aren't looking for pilots who push the limits or challenge the norm. Doesn't even matter if the interviewer wears an earring themselves in their off time. They're either gonna wonder what you were thinking or whether you even realize you have it in. Those are not good questions to come to mind of an interviewer. Unless you're interviewing for a particularly creative type of job, leave the earing out if you're a dude. If you want to be the underdog, go for it.

Jtrain has had his ears, lebret and lip pierced at various points. They're all out now and all you can see is a small scar that looks like an acne scar except for the ones in his ears, but they're barely visible as it is unless you're looking for them. He was hired as a freight dawg and at xjet and no one ever said anything about the holes.

People don't really notice earring holes (in my experience) so I wouldn't worry about it

You know, for some reason I was thinking this thread was about actually wearing an earing to an interview, lol. Shoot, I rarely even stare at anyone's earlobe and I bet there aren't that many people out there who would really even notice. Isn't there any makeup you can get to conceal a piecing?

If they're so uptight that an almost invisible hole in your ear gets you on the rejected list, I have to wonder what the hell they are thinking.

When someone takes out an earring, the hole is next to invisible. If someone's staring at your ear hard enough to notice, something's wrong with them, not you!

If dudes want to have earrings thats perfectly OK. However I don't see the attraction. If you have little holes in your ears I don't think anyone will notice.

PS Earrings are for tha ladies!! Just like makeup!

Whatever happened to men that dressed and acted like men? Sorry, but I certainly wouldn't hire you if I noticed it.

:yeahthat: Next thing you know (after getting your ears pierced) you'll want a little rouge to spice up your cheeks.

If dudes want to have earrings thats perfectly OK. However I don't see the attraction. If you have little holes in your ears I don't think anyone will notice.

PS Earrings are for tha ladies!! Just like makeup!

i'd wager that some/most of the boys wearing makeup and eyeliner get WAY more tail than you.

Probably true, but I'd also wager that I wouldn't be too interested in the quality of tail that they're getting.
Gothapotamus.jpg

Case in point.

Back