Pilot thought instructor who died inflight was ‘just pretending’

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
For all the CFI’s who said students are trying to kill them…

Sad but happens more often than we would like to think. My company had a citation pilot (2 pilot crew, forget if he was FO or CA) pass away on approach into BFI a couple years ago.

I do feel sorry for the guy who had his friend die on him and he didn’t realize it.

Umm ... maybe it's experience related, but you don't speak to him, (no response) push him/punch him on the arm (no response), recognize there is one hell'uva problem?

IDK ... no real judgement (maybe a little bit) ... and not much to do in a cockpit ... but c'mon ... why is this a story except to focus on a moron?

Umm ... maybe it's experience related, but you don't speak to him, (no response) push him/punch him on the arm (no response), recognize there is one hell'uva problem?

IDK ... no real judgement (maybe a little bit) ... and not much to do in a cockpit ... but c'mon ... why is this a story except to focus on a moron?

From the article, it looks like the instructor passed during the first pattern, the pilot realized it after a few moments and landed the airplane.

I do feel sorry for the guy who had his friend die on him and he didn’t realize it.
It was a PA-28, he had to climb over him to get out.

I’ve had instructors fake things too. Mostly, turn off fuel to one engine while I looked out the left window for traffic he thought he saw. “Is that Santa in your 8:00?”

I was harsh and shouldn't have been. My apologies.
As long as we have people like Knots, apologies not required.

Have you ever worked somewhere where x% of the workforce is going to be laid off. You look around at your co-workers… Yea, they are going to lay off a lot of people before they get to me. I’m buying a new car tonight.

Back