Pilot recruting brain trust

cavu2u

I have just had a faceplam moment.

I've been looking to leave my current job and applying to positions out there. Saw a job on the orange site I thought was a good fit. I was well qualified for the position as posted. Sent in my resume and a day or so later I got back a thanks but no thanks, you don't meet all the requirements.

No harm no foul but they specifically made comment of not meeting 'ALL' the requirements. In the rejection letter they capitalized the ALL and said when applying in the future please make sure to review the minimum requirements before submitting as failure to do so is a sign of a lack of attention to detail. They actually said by applying I showed a lack of attention to detail.

I went back to the job ad to see what I might have missed. Checked the job ad twice. I didn't see anything that I wasn't meeting the minimum requirements.

Here comes the faceplam moment.

So I wrote the person back and asked for clarification. According to the job ad I met and exceed all the minimums. What did I miss in my lack of attention to detail?

A couple of minutes goes by and I get a email back. The minimum requirements were not listed correctly. The ad has been corrected.

But I am the one with a lack of attention to detail. :rolleyes:

calvin-facepalm_fb_1192897.jpg

Welcome to aviation my friend!

The sooner you lower your expectations the less difficult this will be for you.

I have just had a faceplam moment.

I've been looking to leave my current job and applying to positions out there. Saw a job on the orange site I thought was a good fit. I was well qualified for the position as posted. Sent in my resume and a day or so later I got back a thanks but no thanks, you don't meet all the requirements.

No harm no foul but they specifically made comment of not meeting 'ALL' the requirements. In the rejection letter they capitalized the ALL and said when applying in the future please make sure to review the minimum requirements before submitting as failure to do so is a sign of a lack of attention to detail. They actually said by applying I showed a lack of attention to detail.

I went back to the job ad to see what I might have missed. Checked the job ad twice. I didn't see anything that I wasn't meeting the minimum requirements.

Here comes the faceplam moment.

So I wrote the person back and asked for clarification. According to the job ad I met and exceed all the minimums. What did I miss in my lack of attention to detail?

A couple of minutes goes by and I get a email back. The minimum requirements were not listed correctly. The ad has been corrected.

But I am the one with a lack of attention to detail. :rolleyes:

calvin-facepalm_fb_1192897.jpg
You probably lacked a commercial pilot certificate. Says right in your resume, Airline Transport Pilot. Clearly not qualified.

Back