Pilot Jobs in PA

ScoutFlyer

Hello all. I am getting ready to graduate from college in the next few months and am interested in moving back to PA from North Dakota. I grew up in central PA and I'd like to move back to the area. Since I've been away the past four years, I don't really know what opportunities are available. I've done research and have found flight schools at KABE, KAVP, KLBE, KRDG, and KLNS. I was just curious if anyone knew off hand of anything else in the area. I have my commercial multi-engine certificate and my cfi/cfii. I'd be very appreciative of any information anyone might be willing to pass along.

Grove City has a very active skydive operation. Not sure if they are hiring though. But give them a call it couldnt hurt.

On the weast side of PA there are some schools around Pittsburgh. I don't know where your limit is on distance. KUNV might have some hidden stuff, but check out Bellefonte, they have a small school over there. Its central PA so there isn't alot of stuff there. Where is home?

On the weast side of PA there are some schools around Pittsburgh. I don't know where your limit is on distance. KUNV might have some hidden stuff, but check out Bellefonte, they have a small school over there. Its central PA so there isn't alot of stuff there. Where is home?

Thanks for the tip. I'm from the Milton/Lewisburg area.

Nice, you're not too far down the line, only about an hour an a half. Do you know of a lot of people on here from PA. Since I've been gone for so long, I'm really out of the "aviation loop." I only know a handful of people who fly there.

I have a bud whose working on his CFI and is a part time SIC on a C550 out of UNV, and I know a few people from Philly and Pitt, but not much in between.

There are quite a few flight schools in MD and Philly area. Wings Field (KLOM) comes to mind. and Gaithersburg area.

Try OQN, MQS, LNS, LOM. I dont know if they are hiring, but they all have flight schools. You might want to look into Delaware even, or Maryland. Craig mentioned Gaithersburg, there is a guy on here who worked for the flight school there.

In high school I was a cashier at Weis Markets (not sure how many of them are out west), but they had a Cessna 550 based at KSEG. That airport just had some problems and Weis was just bought out by Price Chopper so I don't know the status of the plane. I've tried to find out who flies it and how often, but the management I had access to had no idea the company even had a jet.

I am trying to get a job in Pittsburgh next year, on hopefully a 560XL, 560 Ultra or a 650. There are alot of operators around the area. But its a long shot.

I wish you the best with your search. I'm currently instructing now, but I'd really like to home back Easterly if at all possible. If I can't come up with anything in PA, I might spend another Summer in ND and fly some weather mod.

I am trying to get a job in Pittsburgh next year, on hopefully a 560XL, 560 Ultra or a 650. There are alot of operators around the area. But its a long shot.
Who flies an ultra in the area?

...besides Corporate. Something about having to sign a new training contract every recurrent (6 mos) just rubs me wrong.

-mini

LJ's a bit of a drive for me. I'm between ERI and PIT, so going the other way is probably too far. Thanks for the info though! :)

-mini

hey no prob, sorry I am not more helpful.

I have this great book at work that lists all the charter 91/135 companies and what aircraft they fly, i'll look around they Y'stown area for ya :p

Back