Piedmont Road Shows

MattB

Piedmont Road Shows...

18th CLT E Concourse

19th PHL Food court and crew room

20th LGA Crew Room

Your negotiating team and MEC chairman will be at all 3. You have questions, I'm sure that there will be at least 4 answers. But seriously swing by if you are in these places...

If anybody is at the one tommorow - Please convey any news. Especially how many they will be furloughing in Oct. and Nov. They seem to be hell bent on giving us the bare minimum notice.

If anybody is at the one tommorow - Please convey any news. Especially how many they will be furloughing in Oct. and Nov. They seem to be hell bent on giving us the bare minimum notice.

Not to be a total jerk but have your pilot group not known since Spring that you would be furloughing this fall? That seems like well over 6-7 months of a notice? I take it you speak as to you want to know the exact date because in that time many were pro active and found jobs to pass the time?

Heard the letters went out today. Two rounds that start in October... Actually it appears that's a very nice notice. Situation sucks no matter what... But its a lot more notice then some of us recieved.

Yeah, we always knew it would be fall, and I always thought in the back of my mind it would be Oct 1st. Even if it was a total surprise, six weeks isn't awful. I've had companies in my pre-airline life give me far less.

an LOA for voluntary furloughs will be signed VERY shortly. You have not been forgotten I promise.

Not to be a total jerk but have your pilot group not known since Spring that you would be furloughing this fall? That seems like well over 6-7 months of a notice? I take it you speak as to you want to know the exact date because in that time many were pro active and found jobs to pass the time?

Heard the letters went out today. Two rounds that start in October... Actually it appears that's a very nice notice. Situation sucks no matter what... But its a lot more notice then some of us recieved.

Yes they have been talking about it since the fall. I want to know the exact numbers of how many and when, as do a bunch of others. Who cares that they have been talking about furloughs since spring, if there had been no numbers officially given. 30 days is the minimum notice in our contract. If the letters went out like you say, then this is good.

So the cheapest aircraft to operate in the system is being phased out? Do pax really not like props anymore? I wonder how CAL is doing with that Q400?

Yes, it was the general consensus that there would be furlough's in the fall. Nobody knew when, how many, or any of the details. When we lost the first four aircraft a couple months ago, furlough letters were sent out and people were planning on being forced moved. Case and point, here in Roanoke, a couple of the guy's had already broke their lease, booked the u-haul, and were dead set on moving. What was it, about a week later, the furlough's were cancelled due to a planned increase in summer flying. Although this was good news, these peticular people were screwed out of a lot of money. Now word was that the company was going to look at the situation and maybe help them out. I don't know what ever happened from there, but its just another example of our managemnt keeping us in the dark about the issues of the day. In fact just the other day I ran in to the CP in CLT. According to him, they only found out about this Delta LGA deal the Friday before the press release. Yeah right. They must really think that we just keep our heads in the sand and don't have any clue about the happening's in our industry.
I'd hate to say it, but at the rate we're going, I don't see any foreseeable future of Piedmont airlines. Our planes are breaking more often, the stockpile of replacement parts are diminishing, and our parent company's lack of understanding of the fuel efficiency of turbo prop aircraft is greater then ever.

Yes, it was the general consensus that there would be furlough's in the fall. Nobody knew when, how many, or any of the details. When we lost the first four aircraft a couple months ago, furlough letters were sent out and people were planning on being forced moved. Case and point, here in Roanoke, a couple of the guy's had already broke their lease, booked the u-haul, and were dead set on moving. What was it, about a week later, the furlough's were cancelled due to a planned increase in summer flying. Although this was good news, these peticular people were screwed out of a lot of money. Now word was that the company was going to look at the situation and maybe help them out. I don't know what ever happened from there, but its just another example of our managemnt keeping us in the dark about the issues of the day. In fact just the other day I ran in to the CP in CLT. According to him, they only found out about this Delta LGA deal the Friday before the press release. Yeah right. They must really think that we just keep our heads in the sand and don't have any clue about the happening's in our industry.
I'd hate to say it, but at the rate we're going, I don't see any foreseeable future of Piedmont airlines. Our planes are breaking more often, the stockpile of replacement parts are diminishing, and our parent company's lack of understanding of the fuel efficiency of turbo prop aircraft is greater then ever.

Well said.

Back