Piedmont Airlines is Hiring

I believe we start increasing our LGA service in september. It is pretty clear something is in the works here. We have never been properly staffed and we are heavy on FO's now and we are hiring and about to run classes. Attrition is very low.

In addition to other routes out of CLT that PSA was doing, we're soon starting to do the LGA-SYR run and LGA-PVD (Syracuse, NY and Providence, RI respectively)...

http://192.217.192.130/80to8000.php...5d0c6609069060609789d&Format=single-1&Index=1

Mesa has a number of Dash 8's and has a PHX base. That is why we watch and wait.

Well, don't keep your hope to high on PHX base. The reason - the company will have hard time to find CA who would go there. There are few old PDT/ALG's who is currently flying for Mesa.

Last, PHX base and Mesa flying, it is rumot. I will believe it untill I sit in the plane on revenue flight with my name on the release and get paid for it. :p

There are a number of mid senirority captains that would love a PHX base. Staffing out there would not be a problem. But it has to happen first, of course.

There are a number of mid senirority captains that would love a PHX base. Staffing out there would not be a problem.

It will be very interesting to see. Why? Commuting to PHX or even move the family to that way. I don't know how many CAs will move over there. Unless they force people to that base or hire those Meas pilots. :)

Well with the Colgan reduction that would mean a PDT gain. A moving of flying to a wholly own..... Weird how the other one Furloughs and the one with props expands more.... But it would appear they are indeed going to be hiring.
I have a buddy that is an instructor at Piedmont and he told me they are still hiring, and to let him know if I wanted a change of scenery...
First year FO pay is $26 i think.

Hmmm, I was just sent an email today that says they are... So many mixed messages in this biz. I think it's realistic for a turboprop airline to be hiring still...

The website, climbto350, an instructors mouth. All pretty reliable. The same instructor told us (while in the jumpseat) about the Colgan reductions a few weeks ago and seems pretty confident we'll be getting those Horizon 200's. The differences training is supposedly all set up online and ready to go. We're increasing our block times every month. I think this could really be a great place to be if LCC survives.

I thought Commutair was getting those Q200s...?

Hmmm, I was just sent an email today that says they are... So many mixed messages in this biz. I think it's realistic for a turboprop airline to be hiring still...

juxtapilot,

who did you get it from?? BT?? My email said they are now properly staffed and will only have 6 ppl leave in sept. Slight chance of a small class then.

Just to make things more clear. PDT IS hiring. Hiring into a pool is still hiring. There will be a couple more classes this year. I doubt that Bob would put ads up on 350 just for fun and that coupled with an instructor telling me there would be more classes this year...I believe is a clear indication of hiring.

Also, there are 6 captain vacancies in september. Who knows how many people will leave between now and then. There are also more F/O vacancies in september then captain vacancies...

Matt i dont know where you are getting your information from, but as indicated earlier in the thread he did send out an email. Indication was one class is about to wrap up right now, then at that point there MAY be a small class in September, (6-8). Considering there are more than 30 people in the hiring pool currently, it's not going to make a difference.

Oh and I quote from the email "there is information out there that we have resumed hiring, and that is not the case.":(

So enjoy those flight instructing jobs if you have them, gonna be awhile, grab a snickers.

Matt,

I really do hope the email we got this morning is wrong, and you are right. I guess there is no point going around and saying "he said/she said." We just got to wait and see. I still believe ppl that were hired by PDT will get a class date then any other regional with a pool rt now

PS
there are about 30+ ppl in the pool. that is at least two full size classes. so unless PDT is getting 2-4 ac's hiring does not make much sense. who knows aviation is a funny world

NightFlight/CATIV,

That is very interesting and If I have blown it then I am very embarressed! Now I'm just confused. Oh well. 1 Class of poolies is better than none. Hopefully. I wonder what was up with the ad on 350.

Off the Lav Wall...They need 6 upgrades to bring the PIC ranks up to an acceptable level of undermanning. If you ain't jr. manning, you ain't planning.

Sup Brotha KBad! I'm looking forward to round the clock per diem out in PHX gonna take my wife and the dog and move into the hotel for 3 months :nana2:

Hi Guys. Captain Pete Mercy here I’m a senior Captain with Piedmont Airlines based in ROA. I personally think the fact you’re here looking into a job with Piedmont makes you excellent candidates for employment. All the post seem right on as to what’s going on with hiring now (a little bit of a freeze for now). Keep in mind the best time to get in touch with Bob Trout (Fax to Bob Trout @ 410-742-4478) is right when things start moving again, so keep tuned in. And feel free to contact me captmercy@cox.net for a recommendation to our chief pilot which should guarantee an interview as long as your times are up to date with our requirements. If you’re still wondering why I’m willing to recommend someone I don’t know it’s because all the guys I know personally and have recommended couldn’t even pass the written at the interview. So keep doing what you’re doing and study the available interview gouges for what ever airline you want to interview with and I know you will get where you want someday.

www.youtube.com/captmercy

Back