Pictures from the Ramp (final edition) + LAX

N519AT

Ahh! This is how I change this!
So as some of you may know, I recently got hired by FSI so I had to quit my job at the FBO. Here are some pictures from the months leading up to my departure. I didn't take a lot of pictures over the winter, so I think there are some from 2010 in there :eek:

As always, questions/comments/complaints are welcome. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Private L-39 taxiing out.
DSC_2247.jpg

DirectAir heading down to Punta Gorda. Xtra Airways is one of many airlines that operates flights for DirectAir.
DSC_2255.jpg

MX personnel getting taxi qualified on this DC-8.
DSC_2266.jpg

BAe Jetstreem 41 sitting in the cold on a Saturday morning. Operated by Corporate Flight Management. Base out of Smyrna, TN.
DSC_2290.jpg

DSC_2297.jpg

Citation X. This came in, then the sun came out and I decided to snap some pictures.
DSC_2321.jpg

Weird weird weird paint scheme. Pilot was ferrying it to somewhere near Dallas from Belguim with only /A equipment and the heater froze up on his way in the night before.
DSC_2324.jpg

IAI Gulfstream G200
DSC_2329.jpg

King Air F90. I've always kind of liked the looks of this model. Leaps and bounds ahead of the straight 90.
DSC_2330.jpg

The new Pilatus (foreground) and the old Pilatus (background) in the hangar on a lazy Sunday morning. First rays of light are making it into the hangar.
DSC_2339.jpg

Cockpit of the new Pilatus. The airplane only had about 35 hrs on it when this picture was taken.
DSC_2344.jpg

One thing I'll miss about not working the ramp. Awesome sunrises on cold, winter mornings. I don't miss getting up early, the cold, or winter.
DSC_2348.jpg

KC-135 taking off flying a support mission for the 180th FW based here.
DSC_2381.jpg

This C-5 came in the night before in support of excercises with the 180th.
DSC_2401.jpg

'sup
DSC_2406.jpg

DSC_2410.jpg

Absolutely massive.
DSC_2420.jpg

DSC_2426.jpg

Weird gear retraction.
DSC_2434.jpg

Oops. This DC-8 went off the runway one morning after we had freezing rain all night the night before. It had just begun its take off roll when it veered to the left and when off to the side of the runway. The pilot mentioned something about hydraulics on the LiveATC feed, but I never got a definite reason why it went off the side. The airport
DSC_2481.jpg

New Cappy paint scheme.
DSC_2497.jpg

DSC_2503.jpg

Snow removal in progress.
DSC_2524.jpg

Meijer's Beech 1900.
DSC_2526.jpg

Encore+
DSC_2529.jpg

Citation Excel
DSC_2539.jpg

Another different airline flying for DirectAir. I don't even know who they are, but I think they're based out of CLT. One airplane operation. Dynamic Airways maybe?
DSC_2542.jpg

DSC_2544.jpg

C-27J. The ANG base at Mansfield replaced their C-130's with these.
DSC_2560.jpg

Piper Arrow. Can anyone guess who this airplane was originally owned by? ;) Sounded like the two guys were doing a time building trip. They were from the Boston area I believe.
DSC_2566.jpg

My girlfriend got tickets to the Ellen show in LA, so I was recruited to drive her and her mom around out there. They went to the show and I went to the In-N-Out by LAX.

Nothrop Grumman's Beech 1900D. A corporate shuttle maybe?
DSC_2581.jpg

DSC_2585.jpg

DSC_2596.jpg

Great billboard.
DSC_2603.jpg

DSC_2609.jpg

DSC_2615.jpg

Hawaiian Airlines A330.
DSC_2623.jpg

DSC_2631.jpg

They really don't wash their planes. This one was DIRTY.
DSC_2646.jpg

DSC_2657.jpg

DSC_2673.jpg

Singapore Airlines A340-500
DSC_2687.jpg

DSC_2697.jpg

Swiss A340-300
DSC_2712.jpg

DSC_2737.jpg

DSC_2738.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for looking!

Nice. Did you used to own that Piper? And what kind of camera/lens are you using? Working the ramp is great for aviation photographers. I loved it when I was in flight school and college.

Piper Arrow. Can anyone guess who this airplane was originally owned by? ;) Sounded like the two guys were doing a time building trip. They were from the Boston area I believe.
DSC_2566.jpg

I would say UND. I'm too lazy to check my logbook, but I might have an hr in that aircraft actually, from way WAY back when.

Wasn't it based at KBED for a while?

Ned Devine!

Neil Dionne!!

Notre Dame!!!

NostraDamus!!!!

Nancy Drew!!!!!

Napoleon Dynamite!!!!!!

I just want to say you take some fantastic pictures, great eye for composition, you know what makes us airplane junkies drool. I will miss your pictures from the ramp, good luck in your future endeavor.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm shooting with a Nikon D40 w/ the standard 18-55mm and a 55-200mm refurb.

Great pictures. Enjoy your new adventures with FSI!

Thanks!

They're based here in GRR.

Yeah, I was able to talk with one of their pilots. Sounds like another flight department that had some major downsizing as of late...

I would say UND. I'm too lazy to check my logbook, but I might have an hr in that aircraft actually, from way WAY back when.

Wasn't it based at KBED for a while?

You're right, pretty sure it was UND and that was what I was referring to. It probably is based at KBED, the guys said they were from Boston or around there.

Nice Dan.

I guess itll have to be "Pictures from the Simulator" for a now :)

Thanks Craig! I'll just post a blank picture..because thats what we see 90% of the time (IMC) :)

You're right, pretty sure it was UND and that was what I was referring to. It probably is based at KBED, the guys said they were from Boston or around there.
90% sure that's right on both accounts. I'm a KBEDer, and we also have a bunch of Warriors with ND numbers that are still in the UND green and white paint scheme.

Is it normal for MXers to be taxi qualified?

Cool shots.

Back