Pics from Harrisbiurg PA to NYC

Goodspeed

Pictures from last Friday leaving Harrisburg PA, CKY, to Long Island New York, FRG.

attachment.php

Departing KCXY we ran into some rain. There were thunderstorms all around the NE this afternoon.

attachment.php

Downtown Harrisburg

attachment.php

Verrazano Bridge

attachment.php

Brooklyn, you can see Prospect Park and Manhattan off in the distance.

attachment.php

Lower Manhattan, due to departures out of EWR ATC had to route us to the south so I couldn’t get as close to the city as we sometimes can.

attachment.php

Lower Manhattan and Midtown

attachment.php

JFK

attachment.php

Just west of JFK

attachment.php

Now North of JFK

attachment.php

Queens, where I used to work.

attachment.php

Bethpage golf course site of the 2009 US Open

attachment.php

Landing 19 at KFRG

Attachments

• lowerManhattensm.jpg
    lowerManhattensm.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 314
  • ny1sm.jpg
    ny1sm.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 319
  • frg1sm.jpg
    frg1sm.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 294
  • jfk1sm.jpg
    jfk1sm.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 302
  • JFK2sm.jpg
    JFK2sm.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 301
  • JFK3sm.jpg
    JFK3sm.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 315
  • bethpagesm.jpg
    bethpagesm.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Queenssm.jpg
    Queenssm.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 290
  • HarrisburgPAsm.jpg
    HarrisburgPAsm.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 66
  • VZbridge1sm.jpg
    VZbridge1sm.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 57
I was having troubling figuring out how to post pics but I think I fixed it, except the most attachments you can have is 10 so here are the two that I couldn't fit

attachment.php

Departing CXY

attachment.php

Brooklyn

Attachments

• departKCXYsm.jpg
    departKCXYsm.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Brooklyn2sm.jpg
    Brooklyn2sm.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 233
I was having troubling figuring out how to post pics but I think I fixed it, except the most attachments you can have is 10 so here are the two that I couldn't fit

the easy way around that is loading the photos into your photo album that is now available and then you can link the photos with the img tags and not worry about the 10 attachments rule.

Nice pics Goodspeed. The JFK pics in particular were interesting - is it usual to pass north of the airport when flying from the west into FRG?

Nice pics Goodspeed. The JFK pics in particular were interesting - is it usual to pass north of the airport when flying from the west into FRG?

I've done the trip a few times now and from my experience when ATC clears you through the bravo they will usually send you over JFK. When coming in from the west since FRG is a little north of JFK they might start vectoring you to the north like they did they other day.

The pictures of the VZ bridge and downtown Harrisburg don't show up in the message but if you look at the attached files they are there so you can click on them if you want to look at them also here is the link to all of them on gmail pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pjdbiz/CXYtoFRG

Back